The $10,000 Virtual Window You Won't Use

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
so what about LCD viewing angles? won't look like a real window while the colour and contrast shifts as you change your viewing angle.

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
Tom's is too biased and speculative, as well as negative.

Honestly, think about those who live in low light areas (and therefore see the outside as always-night), or those who now, or will, live underground? People in large complexes where light doesn't reach the center from the outside.

I can see uses for it, but not in a suburban middle class house, no. I guess Tom's writers aren't very open minded outside of their little comfort sphere.

tharkis842

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
Wow, price gouging much? Any do-it-yourselfer could mock this up in a day or two. And for 1/10th the price. Reminds me of a few other dis-reputable companies..

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]Arguggi[/nom]Well you could add a bitten apple somewhere and probably someone would buy it[/citation]Oooooo... such a low blow. LOL

applerocks

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
[citation][nom]Parrdacc[/nom]more overpriced, stupid, bling, rich oriented toys.[/citation]

Im waiting for the gold plated, diamond studded one to come out, $10k is just to cheep.

andybird123

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
at least Tom's has started saying this is pointlessly over priced, rather than reporting it as leading edge and then telling you it's 10K for a 1.5K telly

godnodog

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
Well put in an alarm clock and instead of just an annoying sound put a video of a real hot chick knocking at your window and calling you or maybe a video of a monster trying to crawl into your window (that would really scare you and wake you up)

kelewan

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]Maybe it would sell if it offered a "girl next door" theme. Pervs could peep through the blinds.[/citation]

You know what, I bet that would sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.