The 10 Most Searched and Most Visited Websites of 2011

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I use google to find some site, there are 2 benefits: less typing, sometimes type a few words and press tab as search engine suggest, and it corrects typos as well

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
The fact that both facebook.com and www.facebook.com make it to the top 10 list of SEARCH results tells a lot about the typical user of this service.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]madooo12[/nom]they sometimes wright that wrong in the search bar, happens with everyone, maybe browsers should use only one box like IE9, 10, Opera, Chrome[/citation]

Sure, that happens even to the best of us. But often enough to make the top 10 list?

viper666

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Opinion: If you require a search engine to find Facebook, you probably shouldn't be using Facebook.[/citation]
Opinion: If you require a search engine to find Facebook, you probably shouldn't be using the internet. (there i fixed it)

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
[citation][nom]metalmania31[/nom]WTH, I have most of that bookmarked. Why would you take that much time to type it in every time? That's insane.[/citation]
Any site that I frequent often, I type in. I know how to type so its way faster for me to do that than to use a bookmark. Typing facebook.com takes literally less than a second for me to type.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]madooo12[/nom]they sometimes wright that wrong in the search bar, happens with everyone, maybe browsers should use only one box like IE9, 10, Opera, Chrome[/citation]
You're effectively proving the point that people can "wright that wrong".

Intel_Hydralisk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2005
[citation][nom]v1ze[/nom]It's not that shocking when you consider the majority of the population has an IQ below 100.[/citation]
tehcnically... half the population does.

hanrak

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
[citation][nom]viper666[/nom]Opinion: If you require a search engine to find Facebook, you probably shouldn't be using the internet. (there i fixed it)[/citation]

If your using the internet for facebook you shouldn't be using the internet.

G

"Social networking search terms were by the most commonly searched category, accounting for 4.18 percent of the top 50 terms overall (an increase of 12 percent year over year)."

4.18 percent of the top 50 terms... so 2.09 of the top 50 terms are social networking terms? And last year it was 1.8392 terms? What the hell is this supposed to mean? o_O

madooo12

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Opinion: If you require a search engine to find Facebook, you probably shouldn't be using Facebook.[/citation]
no those are the people that must use facebook

madooo12

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]You're effectively proving the point that people can "wright that wrong".[/citation]
oh so a word was wrong big deal

G

A lot of people don't seem to realize many of these are just from people accidentally typing a website into the search bar (which is often right next to the address bar or may be selected from previous activity). Not many people are going to intentionally "search" for www.facebook.com. It's a common mistake to type it in and hit enter before realizing you had the wrong field selected. Settle down, folks.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Yahoo entries remind me of when I was in elementary school, searching different search engines and just jumping from engine to engine to kill time.

tanjo

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
'facebook' (or just 'fb') + 'i'm feeling lucky' in google (if that's your homepage) is faster if you don't know what you are doing.

G

visit
www.siyamex.weebly.com
*many documents,remix,songs,software etc..............

Status
Not open for further replies.