The 4 Major Issues Plaguing the iPhone 4 Today

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
@jeraldjunkmail Wait, you thought the iPhone 3GS' 3.1MP camera with no flash and high noise was good? *backs away slowly*

The current camera in the iPhone4 would suck even if it was low noise, 8MP, and didn't suffer the white balance issue... because they went crazy on the color saturation.

vinehoyle

Distinguished
May 9, 2009
holy bats batman!!! 3 additional problems??!! And if u take a pix indoors everything white will look bright banana yellow?? Geeeee!!!

miloo

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
LOL ~ seems like they have a serious antenna issue, now it brings up all the attention ~

those fanboy had bought a "BAD" apple ~ but still they are so enjoy getting it. job you did it again ~ ^^

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
"Early tests confirmed the big speed boost when uploading, but now it seems that AT&T has capped that uplink speed in certain markets."

AT&T maybe going/thinking to cap the uplink speed, but the recent slow down of the uplink speed is because of something else.
According to the report in the Gizmodo:
"AT&T and Alcatel-Lucent jointly identified a software defect — triggered under certain conditions – that impacted uplink performance for Laptop Connect and smartphone customers using 3G HSUPA-capable wireless devices in markets with Alcatel-Lucent equipment. "

(http://gizmodo.com/5581451/att-upload-speeds-gimped-by-software-screwup)

doron

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]I usually let the camera choose white balance preset but it usually came up bad. If you want good indoor white, use custom white balance.BTW, the images are shot "in warm, indoor lighting without the flash" so it looks like 3GS and 4 got the closest color. Without looking at the scene in person, there is no way to tell which is correct but the 5D looks too cold.[/citation]

What you're actually saying is that a 2k+ DSLR tried-and-true professional camera from one of the best DSLR manufacturers in the world doesn't satisfy your skepticism?

Sorry but... Stockholm...

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
You know... and this is sort of off topic, but lets say you have 2 screens. 1 has a 20% higher resolution, but the other has 50% better contrast, more accurate color, and deeper blacks. How's the one with the 20% higher resolution automatically win across all of tech mag world? I... honestly don't get it.

Simple11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
Toms needs to do a statistic on their apple (or anything apple related) posts. I'm sure they will find that 70% of people who post comments are just flaming apple for a phone they didn't invent, ever owned, ever tried for over a month. Gotta love biased opinions. I enjoy my iPhone 3G, never had a problem with it, I envy androids software, I don't like how the Droid looks compared to the iPhone, I don't care SO much for multitasking (though I do find it a bit of a gripe trying to answer texts constantly while on my RDP client). Apple makes good products, so they had a stint with the release. Doesn't effect me! My contract ends next year! More phones will be out, and more problems fixed!

Kids need to grow up. Now down vote me for being right! :D

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
"Of course, changing the software readout won't change that the iPhone 4's antenna is easily attenuated by simply holding the phone. AnandTech's sharp testing found that the iPhone 4 will still drop 24 dB in signal when covering the lower left part of the antenna. If you're standing right next to the cell tower, a drop in 24 dB isn't a big deal. If you're within 24 dB of dropping out of range, gripping that iPhone 4 will mean No Service."

I just had a very long discussion with someone who claims otherwise. I'm sure he'll post here soon to dispute what you are saying.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
i loved the cap on the upload...i can see that AT&T and Apple are becoming enemies quick, lol. Just in time for when Apple is going to make a Verizon phone, lol. Wait I have Verizon and it sucks too. lol

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]doron[/nom]What you're actually saying is that a 2k+ DSLR tried-and-true professional camera from one of the best DSLR manufacturers in the world doesn't satisfy your skepticism?Sorry but... Stockholm...[/citation]
Is this the level of technical knowhow most anti-Apple people have? All brand and spec recognition and no actual knowledge of the product?

Go read DP before you mouth off again on topic that you have no knowledge of.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]guzz46[/nom]4 years ago maybe but definitely not by todays standards[/citation]
4 years ago backlit sensor didn't exist.

godwhomismike

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
I am hoping there is a new Palm/HP WebOS phone announced next week. I would like a WebOS device, but the current hardware being used is a bit long in tooth. WebOS + 1GHz SnapDragon CPU = awesome. Right now, the current CPU used in the Palm Pre Plus is a little slow by today's standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.