The 7-inch iPad Rumor is Back Thanks to Kindle Fire

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shloader

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2001
Calling it something other than the iPad would allow them to alter features to however they deem fit. Really we're talking about a scaled iPod. Hell, just use another vowel. 7.85 inches... hmmm... Call it the iPud and watch that baby take the market by storm.

digiex

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
Steve Jobs once said that Apple had no plans to sell an iPad at that size because iOS developers wouldn't want to create apps for a screen that small. He even indicated that the current crop of apps wouldn't run well on a 7-inch screen. Since then, the 7-inch and 9-inch iPad rumors remained dormant...

Well, he is dead isn't he, unless his soul is still running Apple.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Thanks but no thanks. If I had a choice of Amazon or an iJailedyou product, I would choose Amazon. No questions asked. No semi-intelligent person has any business in supporting a company bent on curtailing his/her freedom.

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
I disagree wit the first commenter saying that most people aren't buying the kindle fire for it's size. I REALLY would much rather have a 7 or 8 inch tablet for easier portability. I almost purchased the HTC Flyer because it was the PERFECT size, but it didn't have honeycomb on it and I was worried about it being underpowered. I'm sure I could have rooted it and installed a custom ROM like I did my thunderbolt (very happy with that now), but by the time I wanted it, it was already outdated.

I'm probably going to end up buying the Transformer Prime because of the power and dockable keyboard. But I will always be saddened that it's not smaller. Only time (and my available money) will tell what I end up getting.

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Oh yeah - and I will continue to boycott Apple products. I do believe they actually are very good and easy to use products - but until their business model changes (the customer is always wrong, and we must sue all competitors so that we can be the only option for said customers), my money will go elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.