The Best (and Weirdest) Tech-related Super Bowl Commercials

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
What they don't mention is how much Walter paid to be in that commercial, but that was certainly weird.

I thought the fbomb at the end of the game was a little strange too, since all "live" tv is on 30 second delay. I guess the FCC personnel were either celebrating or crying and missed it.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Go Daddy's Perfect Match commercial made me sick. Just another reason not to support their company. That was extremely awkward to watch with family. What's worse is they played it at least two times!

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
i quit watching after the power went out, apparently the american government is so broke they could only afford to light the first half of the super bowl. i guess that's what people better get used to when 250 years worth of wealth gets sent to china in a decade and what ever is left is being handed out to the useless bums and illegals

how many decades of monday night football and they still can't keep the lights on, i thought hurrican katrina was back for one more flush to new orleans after all that mess was seen in the super bowl.

socalboomer

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
[citation][nom]f-14[/nom]i quit watching after the power went out, apparently the american government is so broke they could only afford to light the first half of the super bowl. i guess that's what people better get used to when 250 years worth of wealth gets sent to china in a decade and what ever is left is being handed out to the useless bums and illegalshow many decades of monday night football and they still can't keep the lights on, i thought hurrican katrina was back for one more flush to new orleans after all that mess was seen in the super bowl.[/citation]
Where did you get the idea that the American gov't had anything to do with anything in the Super Bowl?

Superdome is owned by the state of Louisiana and administered by New Orleans, not the US Gov't.
Power is supplied by the public utility Entergy, not the US Gov't.
NFL is owned by the NFL, not the US Gov't.
Broadcasting was CBS, not the US Gov't.

And it was only out for 34 minutes, which did seem like an eternity. . .

So, whatever your paranoia is. . . get over it.

socalboomer

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
[citation][nom]hydac7[/nom]Where do i sign up for the next GoDaddy commercial[/citation]
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]I so want to be on the next GoDaddy commercial[/citation]

You guys want to make out with a blotchy and pale skinned, weird haired nerd? Ooookay then! ;)

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]socalboomer[/nom]Where did you get the idea that the American gov't had anything to do with anything in the Super Bowl? Superdome is owned by the state of Louisiana and administered by New Orleans, not the US Gov't. Power is supplied by the public utility Entergy, not the US Gov't. NFL is owned by the NFL, not the US Gov't. Broadcasting was CBS, not the US Gov't. And it was only out for 34 minutes, which did seem like an eternity. . . So, whatever your paranoia is. . . get over it.[/citation]

wow, with the multi billions the government gives the nfl in tax breaks, im surprised they dont own some of it.

didnt go daddy support sopa till like 10% of their customers up and left?

socalboomer

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
tax breaks and supporting SOPA does not equal having any operational input.

Not that I like any of it. . . just bringing the point.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]socalboomer[/nom]tax breaks and supporting SOPA does not equal having any operational input. Not that I like any of it. . . just bringing the point.[/citation]

only the first part of those thoughts were aimed at him... kind of pisses me off that we give tax breaks to a multibillion $ a year sport, at the expense that it forces cities into the red because of them, and the government gets nothing to show for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.