The Best Cheap Cell Phone Plans (Under $40 per Month) (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

monseemian

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
With all respect, I am not sure how can a 'Carrier' like Metro PCS be considered to be the top cheap plan provider when their customer service etc. is rated bottom poor by 'every other reviewer' with a 'One Star' review here: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/cell_phones/metro_pcs.html

It is not as if one or two reviews are bad, there is consistantly a one star review for every single fair/decent/good review on the above site. And it is not as if Metro PCS gets good reviews every where else or that these reviews are not very recent either? If the argument is that we rated them for 'Service' only as in phone data/LTE data etc. than I beg to differ; service also must include customer service, being loyal to customers, not scamming their base, standing by their promises etc.

PhilipMichaels

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014

We do note that MetroPCS hasn't performed well in our customer service tests, and if that's high on your list of criteria, you should certainly consider other options. (Cricket and Boost are both better in that regard.) That said, based on the criteria we used here, MetroPCS's combo of performance and price is tough to beat.

PhilipMichaels

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014

We didn't end up including Xfinity Mobile in this guide since it's only open to Xfinity subscribers. However, we have written about Xfinity Mobile in the past.

I'm sure we'll look at Mint in a future update.

bradwww

Prominent
Jul 10, 2017
speedtalk is the only cell provider i've ever heard of that does not allocate your minutes/sms/data by month - - buy a year for $100 and use it at your own rate, rollover forever - best plan for people using wifi for most data and calling needs and benefits the thrifty.

mrjsu

Prominent
Jan 19, 2018
some other good options like Twigby and Red Pocket should be included. they are both doing good things in my opinion

xplpl1ab

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018
Where is Ultra Mobile? They are at least competitive with your "favorites," and they have great plans for international callers, with unlimited free calling and SMS to 60-plus (!!!) countries, and free to mobile phones in about half of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.