The best Smartphone for the busy Professional

MongooseST3

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
I am a registerd Architect and Engineer who is constantly active throughout the day I am looking for a smartphone that would integrate all of my MS products like Outlook, Word and Excel along with conferencing, voice dialing and any application known that can provide me a portable office on the road. What is the best phone that would satisfy the above.

Thanks

Solution
Dont get the Motorola Milestone (Droid in US) - really flimsy. especially for a business user.

If you want to go Android (which is compatible with MS word, office, outlook, etc) I would say go the Motorola Droid Pro, for a smart business looking design. It is aimed at the BlackBerry market demographic afterall.

Other options would be HTC android based phones. These are very good quality phones with a range of prices and features. Look around your area for what is available on your local carriers. HTC is a brand which makes business-oriented phones as well as consumer-oriented. HTC would be my choice, purely as they have a good track-record, but I am biased :D

I notice you want 'conferenceing' - by which i assume you mean face-to-face...

MongooseST3

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009

Depends upon what features are provided. Obviously lower is better but if the features I need place the phone in a higher catagory then I am willing to weigh that feature with an increase in price, but if I were to guess about $250-400USD

MongooseST3

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009

Kevin

What model phone would you reccommend for the Windows OS platform?

Thanks

nathanbarlow

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
Dont get the Motorola Milestone (Droid in US) - really flimsy. especially for a business user.

If you want to go Android (which is compatible with MS word, office, outlook, etc) I would say go the Motorola Droid Pro, for a smart business looking design. It is aimed at the BlackBerry market demographic afterall.

Other options would be HTC android based phones. These are very good quality phones with a range of prices and features. Look around your area for what is available on your local carriers. HTC is a brand which makes business-oriented phones as well as consumer-oriented. HTC would be my choice, purely as they have a good track-record, but I am biased :D

I notice you want 'conferenceing' - by which i assume you mean face-to-face video? If so, you will be wanting a phone with a front-facing camera preferably with a decent megapixel size and quality. This means you are generally limited to the most recent models of android phone, which you do pay a premium for. However, if you are happy to go with say a slightly older Nokia with a Symbian-based OS, you can get a model of phone with a front facing camera pretty cheaply

Solution