The Best Speakers and Subwoofer Combo for $100

Denganim20

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017
So guys I'm looking for the best sounding speakers and subwoofer at $100. I'm even willing to push that to $150 if quality is good enough.

Solution
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1- If you want to "Feel" Bass this is it, Very loud and has a good balance of overall sound after you knock the bass down many notches.

Harman Kardon Soundsticks III- Not as Loud and Bass is far from the Klipsch but they have a warmth and balance to them, I don't particularity like the way they look but they sound fantastic.

Logitech Multimedia Speaker System Z533- Very balanced and good quality, the bass and volume are weaker than the first two but it's enough to fill a decent sized room comfortable. Very good option for $80 one of the best you will find and they don't disappoint at all.

As far as addon sound cards I would suggest you try what you have first with the speakers you wish to buy and go from there...

Denganim20

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017
my vote for the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1, well worth the extra spend if you care about sound quality. The soundsticks are good too but I have read many problems with them shortly after the warranty period expires, a shame really. If you don't listen to music, only games / movies the Logitech would more than suffice.

Denganim20

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017

I appreciate the help from you guys, and I think I may just get the Logitech ones since they are cheaper and I have heard good things from them. My last question though is do you guys think a sound card (maybe about $50-$100) will help the sound noticeably in my system even with a very high end mobo?

delaro

Distinguished
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1- If you want to "Feel" Bass this is it, Very loud and has a good balance of overall sound after you knock the bass down many notches.

Harman Kardon Soundsticks III- Not as Loud and Bass is far from the Klipsch but they have a warmth and balance to them, I don't particularity like the way they look but they sound fantastic.

Logitech Multimedia Speaker System Z533- Very balanced and good quality, the bass and volume are weaker than the first two but it's enough to fill a decent sized room comfortable. Very good option for $80 one of the best you will find and they don't disappoint at all.

As far as addon sound cards I would suggest you try what you have first with the speakers you wish to buy and go from there. Every motherboard I have built around in the last 7 years has had very good sound quality and a Soundcard would have added very little in noticeable quality with speakers under a $400 range.

Solution

Denganim20

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017

Thank you for the thorough explanation! I'm hesitant to get the Klipsch speakers because I have heard that they can fail fast and do not have a good warranty, and the Logitech ones are good for medium sized rooms right? My bedroom is not that big so I think it would be a sensible choice.

delaro

Distinguished
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1- 1 year warranty on Electronics and 3 years on the Woofer. The sellers might offer extended warranties like Wal Mart or Amazon. The failure rate on the Amp is about 15%, it does get pretty hot if your using it @ 80% or better. For common use 50% and below you wont have a issue.

Logitech Multimedia Speaker System Z533- 1 year warranty. These are great for medium sized live rooms so yeah a bedroom would work out fine. 80db is about what they top out at and I doubt you will need something louder for a bedroom.

Denganim20

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017

Well the Logitech ones sound like a good fit for my situation and I like how they look. Appreciate the help!