The best tablets in 2024

Aug 24, 2020
I have a XP-Pen Artist 15.6 pro drawing display , Surface pro with gpu, and ipad 10.5 the experience regarding drawing goes like this:

Ipad Pro > Artist 15.6 pro > >>>>Surface pro The Surface pro has little to no pressure curve compared to the other two, has pen jitter, lag (even the Artist 15.6 pro connected to the Surface pro doesn't lag, it's not the processor, it's the N-Trig tech that lags) .

ipad pro has higher refresh rate(120hz) which results in lower input lag when drawing. Also the apple pencil supports a wide range of pressure sensitivity.

the Artist 15.6 pro has pen tilt and pressure senstivity but need to connect to a laptop which is not portable.

Get a desktop(a dencent one would be about 1000 euro) and a second hand ipad pro 10.5(500Euro) + a Artist 15.6(400 euro) (not pro) you're even gonna save money in the end .

Sep 2, 2021
Why include reMarkable but not many similar (and in my opinion better) note-taking electronic paper tablets? Onyx Boox Note, Sony Digital Paper, and Supernote tablets are similar. Supernote especially has the same feel or better for writing.

msbav8r

Prominent
Sep 16, 2021
It's sad what 'affiliate marketing' has done to formerly-trusted websites. I used to check out what Tom's opinion was of any electronic item I was looking to buy.
However, that will no longer be the case. How much money did you get from Amazon to repeatedly mention it along with including not one, but TWO of their low-end, low-spec, Chinese-made crappy tablets in your 'best of' list?
You just lost any credibility this site once had. It's just sad.

Feb 26, 2022
I have to disagree, or at least add a strong caveat, concerning Kindle tablets for kids. Their parental safety controls are abysmal and very easy to get past for a child who wants to. Or for a child to break through accidentally if they don't even know what they're doing. That also includes the ability to purchase things without permission. It should also be noted that, last time I checked, apps purchased through their store are generally disabled unless you are currently online,and you can't add Android games that you've already purchased elsewhere. Then, if they stop carrying an app that you have purchased, or change it to a monthly subscription, your copy stops working. stops working.

Kindle is still a pretty good deal, though, if you're an adult and plan to use it for movies and shopping, and maybe some free games. Aside from their tech policies, they are fairly well built and easy to use.

May 4, 2024
Funny list. Number one should be iPad. But there are three value android tablets priced between 115 and 142. All with the same guts and all have decent screens.
1. 8.4" HeadWolf Android 14 128 GB 5,500 mAh.... one speaker and SIM
2. 8.4" Iplay 50 Mini Pro NFE 256GB 5,000 mAh - Android 13... one speaker and SIM
3. 10.36" Lincplus T3 128GB 7,000 mAh - Android 13.... 4 speakers
GUTS.... 8GB RAM , 128 OR 256 GB, G99, MICRO SD Card.
My favorite is the one that does Android 14.