The best VR

Solution
Well, right now according to reviews and popularity, the HTC VIVE is best one out there. The next one would be the Oculus Rift. But the one thing the HTC Vive excels at is the quality and close-to-reality experience it brings. The HTC Vive comes with the headset, two sensors, and two controllers, in which you can stand and walk and use the controllers as your hands and the sensors detect your movement (of course, if you have any kind of disability that prevents you from standing and walking, then I'm sorry, but the HTC Vive won't be the choice), as with the Oculus Rift only comes with the headset and does not support any sensors or controllers right now, so you can only play on it while sitting, as being standing won't make a...

TheCapo26

Commendable
May 9, 2016
Well, right now according to reviews and popularity, the HTC VIVE is best one out there. The next one would be the Oculus Rift. But the one thing the HTC Vive excels at is the quality and close-to-reality experience it brings. The HTC Vive comes with the headset, two sensors, and two controllers, in which you can stand and walk and use the controllers as your hands and the sensors detect your movement (of course, if you have any kind of disability that prevents you from standing and walking, then I'm sorry, but the HTC Vive won't be the choice), as with the Oculus Rift only comes with the headset and does not support any sensors or controllers right now, so you can only play on it while sitting, as being standing won't make a difference. The HTC Vive, of course, is more expensive at the Oculut Rift. If you are looking to buy one, I would suggest having some good specs on your computer, because these VR headsets demand a lot of them. On to having to choose from one of both, I would look it this way: If you want a more immersive experience and to move a lot (and lose weight too) and don't care much about the spend, I would suggest the HTC Vive. If you want just to feel what VR feels like with the least amount of spend, then I would suggest the Oculus Rift. I hope this helps Giantewok!

Solution

Giantewok

Commendable
May 9, 2016
Thanks for the information TheCapo26! I'll be checking out the HTC Vive over the Oculut Rift mainly cause of how much more advanced it is haha! Hope you have good one!

KalTorak

Honorable
May 25, 2012
$599 vs $799.

I think you may need to check your mathematics my friend.

The vive is pricier, however it includes the hand tracking. The Rift does not, so for hand tracking on the rift, expect a price very close to or exceeding the Vive.

Tri23

Respectable
May 31, 2016
Clarification...
Leap Motion does "hand tracking"

a) The HTC has controllers that are tracked.
b) The HTC has room-scale, which allows you to walk around with the VIVE.. where the rift, you can only move in the range of a single scanner.

(minor, but hand tracking is a VR technology that is still up and coming.. and pretty awesome when it works. )