The BlackBerry PlayBook Gets a $200 Price Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

compton

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I have a $99 touchpad. I don't need that RIM junk...

Actually, I know some blackberry users that might get a lot more 'play' out of it than I would...

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
I wonder if they even have a native e-mail client for that machine yet?

Regardless.
That *should* give sales a boost.

But the reason, I think, that Blackberry failed the Playbook is that they NEVER advertised its capabilities to run Android apps.

I mean, I never saw ONE commercial that said that. In fact, I never saw a commercial for the Playbook at all.

Because why buy the Galaxy Tab when there's something that works better and has better and more stable apps and greater selection of others?

Come on, now. (And if I missed the opportunity to get a cheap HP TouchPad, which works *beautifully* by the way, this is what I'd be looking at instead.)

G

I called the local Walmart, and they are not selling it for $250. The price online is still $498, so I'd like to know where this information came from. Can someone provide a link because I'm getting one if they're $250.

amd-fanboy

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
I used to do the blackberry thing, back when they had their shit together. Then Office 2010 came out and 6 months in, RIM still wouldn't provide an ETA on when my shit will sync with the new office. It took apple 2 days...

I will throw a party when this contemptuous piece of shit company goes bankrupt. I will literally buy alcohol and invite people over and celebrate.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
We have too many companies trying to get Apple prices for sub-par units. Blackberry's tablet had a nice feel but lacked in so many ways. Even with Android support, it was too expensive.

Having owned several Android Tablets in the past, none of them were worth the price paid. I won't buy Android until it is stable.

ArgleBargle

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
Ugh. I *hate* mail-in rebates. They are just an excuse for companies to advertise pretend-savings, and if you do *anything* incorrectly such as seal the rebate request during the wrong phase of the moon, they will gleefully deny you your earned rebate. In fact, some companies will even deny receiving your mail-in rebate (which must have original receipts and UPC codes only! Sorry!) so they can avoid paying it out. Biggest scam around.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I thought the PlayBook was the only solid contender to the iPad, honestly. If only RIM had a more thoroughly baked software, it really could have stood a chance. Missing a lot of native app really kills.

dizzy_davidh

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
The whole 'tether it to your phone for remote connectivity' idea is a massive fail. Why carry two devices when one should do. Sure you are connecting with one tariff etc but besides that there is no real benefit to that concept.

G

I have a iPad, and like it except for the fact that it loses it's Internet connection every 20 min and I have to reboot it. 3 weeks ago I bought a zoom and love it so far. I will be picking up a playbook tomorrow so that I can use it as an extension of my bb when I am in my car. IMO the iPad at 500 was the only one that is overpriced. Nobody will ever convince me it is better in any way than the others except in regards to the number of available apps, but really, 99.99% of the apps are a complete waste of time.

G

I called Walmart Canada corporate headquarters - they are NOT selling it for $250, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.