The Case That Turns an iPod Into an iPhone

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

More Garbage wrapped as innovation. First you have to jail break the ipod then there is a delay on voice calls, incoming phone numbers and contacts may not appear or “blank” messages for missed calls reminders and some issues with the SMS feature like SMS text is smaller than the text on the iPhone or you can’t delete or forward a text message. I don't trust the stuff coming out of China anyways.

gti88

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
[citation][nom]hanslevins[/nom]I don't trust the stuff coming out of China anyways.[/citation]
All iphones and ipods are coming from China. Shhhhh! It's a secret!

lashton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
[citation][nom]hanslevins[/nom]More Garbage wrapped as innovation. First you have to jail break the ipod then there is a delay on voice calls, incoming phone numbers and contacts may not appear or “blank” messages for missed calls reminders and some issues with the SMS feature like SMS text is smaller than the text on the iPhone or you can’t delete or forward a text message. I don't trust the stuff coming out of China anyways.[/citation]

Just as much as we trust your views 0

dtm4trix

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
[citation][nom]jomofro39[/nom]Apple has NO pull in China, whatsoever. Nobody does. It is a legal no-man's land. They have the same chance of getting gold from their anus.[/citation]

lmao!!!!

jomofro39

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
[citation][nom]tan00001[/nom]Some people can't seem leave out their own prejudice on anything related to China. What a bunch of @#$%&s.[/citation]
Have you lived/worked in China ever tan? What I say may be prejudiced, but it is not unfounded. Sure, not EVERY person in China replicates items with no regard to IP, patents, etc, but it happens more often and with more freedom there than anywhere else on the planet. And the legal system in China is the hardest to navigate in the modern era. There is a new branch of what-not springing up like dandelions, and they all have their OWN codes and rules to abide by. I have seen legit companies pass on drawings to the Chinese government to get approval to be sold in China, 6 months later, they get rejected, and find out 4 months after they submitted the documents, their product is in production in some province for half the cost and with none of the quality. Ever try to file a patent lawsuit in China? HA
Sure, I am prejudiced, but not because of what I heard or have read, but experienced. And until things drastically change, and the Chinese government starts protecting companies' rights, and not just CHINESE companies' rights, then I will remain prejudiced, or as I call it, educated.

G

jomofro39: Why doing business in China in the first place?

All those ppl wanting to deal with china are undermining local workforces throughout europe and US. Yet Europe and the US are the excact places where the majority of income needs to come from. You're all a bunch of hypocrites. Greed is the only motivation to do business with China. So don't come complaining after your "deal" goes sour.

Anyway, with regards to this "product". It's useless. The ipod with phone-functionality is the iPhone! There's no need for this half-baked solution which, ofcourse, will never be supported or properly work. So I'd say, Apple... sue ahaed!

Status
Not open for further replies.