Solved! the color coded plugs from the subwoofer are not the same colors as the ones on the rear of my PC...How do I know which ones t

Dec 11, 2018
Am trying to connect Logitech Z506 surround speakers to my pc however the color code plugs coming from the sub-woofer are not the same as the ones on the rear of my PC so I have no idea which plug to put where so I can have surround sound

Solution
Judging by the description of your PC' audio ports, it does not have 5+1 outputs, only stereo. You might need USB or PCI/PCIx sound card in order to use these speakers.

YOu can try plugging green SW plug into yellow PC connector, to get stereo only. Your Logitect might have a switch/knob to turn on "pseudo-surround" to activate all speakers.
Dec 11, 2018
Color of the input plugs on the SW are orange, black and green............colors on the rear of my pc are pink showing a microphone over it and the other two are yellow and blue. The other Logitech system I had for a very long time, and it was really great, however it was simpler also requiring only one black plug from the SW to the PC which was plugged into the yellow on back of pc.

Judging by the description of your PC' audio ports, it does not have 5+1 outputs, only stereo. You might need USB or PCI/PCIx sound card in order to use these speakers.

YOu can try plugging green SW plug into yellow PC connector, to get stereo only. Your Logitect might have a switch/knob to turn on "pseudo-surround" to activate all speakers.

Solution