The Dream-Sharing Technology of Inception

Status
Not open for further replies.

hythos

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
Interesting, but behind the times. Though much smaller and no IV required, I should have patented it two years ago when I first came up with the idea :/

Wolygon

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
"Still, a future that allows people to exercise some control over dreams"

Lucid dreaming is a very real thing.

Don't thumbs down be, it is real. Just because you don't believe it is; doesn't mean it isn't.

dtq

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2006
[citation][nom]the_punkinator[/nom]"Still, a future that allows people to exercise some control over dreams"Lucid dreaming is a very real thing. Don't thumbs down be, it is real. Just because you don't believe it is; doesn't mean it isn't.[/citation]

I wasnt aware there was any controversy left over whether lucid dreaming existed, its laboratory proven, its well known amongst people who discuss their dreams.

Im sure many people have had some experience of becoming aware they are dreaming whilst dreaming, the first step to controlling their dreams. Its not a huge leap from there to exercising control.

OF course its one thing having the ability to control your dreams its another entirely to consistantly do so, I find even after 3 decades my dreams can still rebel against my orders at times :D. I also manage to wake myself up too often when exerting too much control over the dream.

The hypnagogic entry to the best of lucid dreams can be terrifying for the uninitiated. It was for me for many years before I had ever heard the term lucid dreaming.

As far as shared dreaming goes, Ive had several episodes of coinciding dreams with other people, and only one which I could call a shared dream, and that was witnessed by a third person...

A very late night in the early 90's staying at my half brothers house his mum came in to see what was going on as we were arguing, we were debating whos turn it was on a non existant hand held console that projected its display onto the wall in the room. We both have sleep issues, and we had both managed to enter a non rem atonia dream state and our console discussion on the edge of sleep turned into the shared perception of a projecting console. I guess the conversation between us in this state managed to reinforce and synchronise the major points of the dream. I could not say that everything he saw was what I saw their was no "magical telepathic link" but the overiding principle was the same and we were both seeing a hand held projecting console and discussing it out loud whilst asleep much to the bemusement of his mum. Only when she switched on the light did we actually wake up.

I have very disrupted sleep so I have alsorts of weird sleep \ wakefullness interactions, and so a high proportion of lucid dreams. The other side affects of my disrupted sleep are another topic entirely...

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]the_punkinator[/nom]Lucid dreaming is a very real thing.[/citation]

Lucid dreaming is not an outside force on your dream state. Control over yourself and the dream you are in is very different than an outside influence getting an intended effect while aware of your dream.

Movies have always shown future technology. They had flying cars long before they became common place on our streets...

G

Lucid dreaming is real. I've had it dozens of times. But SHARED LUCID DREAMING is fictional. I hope it becomes a possibility one day

G

to share in each others dreams... Such a thing would require the ability for a computer to read someone's dream. And you would need enough power to read multiple people at once, and then be able to project things back into a person's mind.

Of course, if exceptional breakthroughs in biological/robotic technologies occur, it is possible that we could use a "fluid" as an analog connection between people.

Status
Not open for further replies.