The Final Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Begins Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

x731

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
Enjoying it so far; the skill changes feel solid and the addition of vistas means I can relive the void left by Assassin's Creed and perches.

Can't wait 'till release.

aggroboy

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
[citation][nom]boyabunda[/nom]The cure to rectify the disappointment that is Diablo 3. lol[/citation]
Sigh I can't go into any gaming news without some random nerd-rager taking potshots at Blizzard.

cromica

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]aggroboy[/nom]Sigh I can't go into any gaming news without some random nerd-rager taking potshots at Blizzard.[/citation]

Its not for everyone, for me its the best MMO I have played in the last 6-7 years

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]aggroboy[/nom]Sigh I can't go into any gaming news without some random nerd-rager taking potshots at Blizzard.[/citation]
Considering Morkaime actually came out and apologized for the mess that was D3's launch, perhaps there is reason to be critical. And the fact that once again, WoW has a year with no new content since MoP won't be released till the usual November/December time frame, and it's an expansion based on something Samwise created for his daughter and then Blizz turned into their 2003 April Fool's Day joke.

aggroboy

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
[citation][nom]wildkitten[/nom]Considering Morkaime actually came out and apologized for the mess that was D3's launch, perhaps there is reason to be critical. And the fact that once again, WoW has a year with no new content since MoP won't be released till the usual November/December time frame, and it's an expansion based on something Samwise created for his daughter and then Blizz turned into their 2003 April Fool's Day joke.[/citation]
Did he apologize? I ask this because the fanbase is awfully prone to twisting their words.

Secondly the WoW gamers have been pining for Panderan content since TBC, and you somehow painted that as a negative.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
[citation][nom]aggroboy[/nom]Did he apologize? I ask this because the fanbase is awfully prone to twisting their words.Secondly the WoW gamers have been pining for Panderan content since TBC, and you somehow painted that as a negative.[/citation]

Because only kids want to play a Panda and no one who has quit WoW is going back anyway. The game is running out of steam fast. And Blizzards other games have been Meh at best.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]aggroboy[/nom]Did he apologize? I ask this because the fanbase is awfully prone to twisting their words.Secondly the WoW gamers have been pining for Panderan content since TBC, and you somehow painted that as a negative.[/citation]
I am a long time Warcraft fan. I played from Nove 2004 to June of 2011. No one ever was "pining" for Panderan content. The only people who ever discussed it think Pandaerans were actual lore characters and try to deny they were introduced to the Warcraft universe as an April Fool's Joke because they only have ever played WoW.

Here Blizzard has Azshara, Sylvanas and countless others that could be a perfect antagonist, yet nothing, no one as a main antagonist.

Between Panderans, created by Samwise for his daughter not as a Warcraft race, making Pokemon style pet battles as a main feature, and lots of rehashed dungeons, MoP had quickly become the least looked foward to WoW expansion. And when you consider the past two expansions didn't grow the playerbase at all (with the exception of a minor bump in China when Wrath was released there, and then that expansion was quickly rejected by them) and that every quarter last year WoW lost subscribers, I think MoP will be a huge disappointment.

heero yuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010
[citation][nom]wildkitten[/nom]I am a long time Warcraft fan. I played from Nove 2004 to June of 2011. No one ever was "pining" for Panderan content. The only people who ever discussed it think Pandaerans were actual lore characters and try to deny they were introduced to the Warcraft universe as an April Fool's Joke because they only have ever played WoW.Here Blizzard has Azshara, Sylvanas and countless others that could be a perfect antagonist, yet nothing, no one as a main antagonist.Between Panderans, created by Samwise for his daughter not as a Warcraft race, making Pokemon style pet battles as a main feature, and lots of rehashed dungeons, MoP had quickly become the least looked foward to WoW expansion. And when you consider the past two expansions didn't grow the playerbase at all (with the exception of a minor bump in China when Wrath was released there, and then that expansion was quickly rejected by them) and that every quarter last year WoW lost subscribers, I think MoP will be a huge disappointment.[/citation]

dont forget their active tanking :O its going to make tanking more involved more exciti... nope its just a button that needs to be pushed... gogo blizzard! another button is going to make tanking so much more exciting especialy when tanking as a druid atm concists of about 4 buttons max
if you want to make things more exciting go look at tera where everything is done by you and % dont mean much as it is you who does the dodging/blocking
gw2 on the other hand appears to have seen the combat in tera and thought thats the way things need to go and ran with it (gw2 beta came out almost a year after tera launched in korea and from the game play vidoes gw2 has a combat system similar to tera)

G

Well The GW2 Platform still has many issues and many users that could not get it to even load properly since the last beta. I did manage to log in but the game maxed my cpu's out.. Play was ok the coin drops was not that great but it did entertain me for 20 min. Guild wars forums had several postings on the fact that the game was not playing good for many people but moderators deleted them within hours of the postings. I think the game has a lot going for it but obviously there are still many issues in loading and gameplay. I thought it had a good chance for game of the year but I am having some doubts now. In addition to this no refunds will be handed out after the launch date of aug 28th and that is not saying much..

Status
Not open for further replies.