News The Galaxy Note 21 now looks dead — and that’s a good thing

anscarlett

Honorable
Jul 18, 2018
Will samsung offer an option to move from the note line to the fold line with the upgrade program? If not, I may look to other foldables.

Any rumours of a tri-fold design coming before the end of the year? A foldable that transform from a 1:2 phone screen to a 3:2 tablet form factor would be my ideal device.

Feb 20, 2021
What a click bait and troll like article this is. Anyone who has used the Samsung Galaxy Note series knows its unique value and benefits. No other Samsung phone, including the Galaxy S21 Ultra can fully match it in terms of being able to carry the S-Pen stylus inside the phone and also having Bluetooth connectivity for using the S-Pen Stylus as a remote shutter release.

Every year, the Note pushes the state of the art a little further ahead.

I have used and enjoyed the series since the Note 2. As soon as the next version comes out, I will buy it. Meanwhile, I will continue enjoying my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, a phone that still rises above almost all others and has a better DXOMARK camera score than the newer Galaxy S21 Ultra.

Samsung would be leaving a lot of money on the table to not continue the series

David Elliott Lewis, San Francisco.

Reactions: Ken_G

Ken_G

Prominent
Mar 21, 2021
What a click bait and troll like article this is. Anyone who has used the Samsung Galaxy Note series knows its unique value and benefits. No other Samsung phone, including the Galaxy S21 Ultra can fully match it in terms of being able to carry the S-Pen stylus inside the phone and also having Bluetooth connectivity for using the S-Pen Stylus as a remote shutter release.

Every year, the Note pushes the state of the art a little further ahead.

I have used and enjoyed the series since the Note 2. As soon as the next version comes out, I will buy it. Meanwhile, I will continue enjoying my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, a phone that still rises above almost all others and has a better DXOMARK camera score than the newer Galaxy S21 Ultra.

Samsung would be leaving a lot of money on the table to not continue the series

David Elliott Lewis, San Francisco.

I agree 100% with your assessment.

If Samsung ditches the Note they are making a mistake. The note is the perfect size for a large phone, it is tall yet not too wide. Get a case to house a stylus for the S21 and the phone will be too wide and uncomfortable to hold.

The last thing I want is a foldable phone. If they drop the Note line there is nothing keeping me from exploring other manufacturers.

Mar 22, 2021
Odd to say that it's a good thing that such a 'note'able device is possibly being scrubbed. That seems rather harsh and strangely resentful. On the one hand, author says the Note is outmoded and out of style; but then also nothing unique to today's offerings- which implies it's various features are abundantly available. Which phones out there - besides the s21 ultra with a case-holder and abridged S-pen support - have the unique package of the Note? maybe the next Fold . High end phone productivity beasts are so blase I guess. I just got the note 20 ultra over the s21 ultra and am remarkably pleased by its features. Plus it's got such an elegant profile that no other phone out there has. It's an absolute beaut. Although I will say, another reason I went for it was the fairly commonplace notion these days among the phone cognoscenti punditry class that it may very well be the last of the Notes. Might as well snag the ultimate one while it's available. Pretty crazy deal from my provider too, so I bit. Also the fact that there's mini sd card utility, that Samsung seems to be phasing out at this point, might be worth snagging one for posterity.

Last edited: