The Green Samba Electric Jet Ski Can Hit 65MPH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grims

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
3 hours? That's next to worthless. A typical day on the lake is likely to see people trading off on a PWC non stop.

BTW Jet Ski is a brand, PWC (Personal Water Craft) is the dorrect term.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Depends on how long this thing takes to recharge. A typical PWC lasts around 2-3 hours on a tank of gas but you can always just fill it back up and head back out. Usually you chill by the dock grilling and hanging out taking turns. Not plausible with this thing.

Also, I'm not sold on the silent part of this thing. Something about firing up that engine and hearing the roar is nice.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Has anyone even rode a JetSki for more than 2 hours? Tiring as hell. Just more excuses from ignorant people. 3 hours run time is a LOOONG friggin time to be on a JetSki. Now, if they made an interchangeable battery pack, on that could charge while you run it.. maybe all of these naysayers would be happy. Like trying to please kings. Get a grip.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
I absolutely love the high powered roar of the larger PWC's, they sound positively evil! But something about the silent operation claim really intrigues me. If this performs like a high-powered device, yet is silent and highly maneuverable, then I REALLY WANT TO RIDE IT!!!

Silent, fast, runs on electricity... Just like my computer! That must be why I love it lol...

kenwheeler77

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
[citation][nom]zipzoomflyhigh[/nom]Grims, your gas jet ski lasts more than 3 hours?? I think not moron.[/citation]

It does with a gas can. Name calling is so moronic.

gpace

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
From what I recall researching electrical cars, electrical motors are rated at average power output, while gas motors are rated at peak power output, so the numbers might seem far different, but they are closer they you'd expect. Though I don't know if that applies here.

The instant torque of the electric motor might also help.

If only the battery can charge faster, freaking chemical restraints :)

mikie tim t

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
I can foresee the use of one of these for the stealth apprehension of the bikini top of those lasses out on the air mattresses at the edge of the swimming area.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]Has anyone even rode a JetSki for more than 2 hours? Tiring as hell. Just more excuses from ignorant people. 3 hours run time is a LOOONG friggin time to be on a JetSki. Now, if they made an interchangeable battery pack, on that could charge while you run it.. maybe all of these naysayers would be happy. Like trying to please kings. Get a grip.[/citation]

Clearly you've never had the idea to take a group of friends out to the lake house, grill out all day, hang out, and take turns on the 'jet ski.' I've never once gone out to the lake and put less then 5+ hours on my PWC. With the gas powered I can just bring it back, fill it back up, and send the next group out while the rest of us eat burgers and swim. With this electric thing one group goes out, the next group goes out, and then we sit and wait 5 hours for the thing to fully re-charge. Not practical.

Talk about ignorant. Who goes to the lake for 3 hours?

groundhogdaze

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
[citation][nom]gekko668[/nom]@ BTW Jet Ski is a brand, PWC (Personal Water Craft) is the dorrect term..[/citation]

I always thought PWC stood for PriceWaterhouseCoopers or how about "Pricey Water Coupe" :)

maxh2

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
I saw a thing on these on TV the other day and they are significantly different that your typical jet ski. They're around 200 lbs. while typical jet skis are around 600 lbs. You can make extremely sharp and fast turns and perform all kinds of tricks. The stance is to place the center of gravity where it needs to be for extreme maneuverability. You use your whole body to guide this craft, while a typical jet is more like driving a car where you sit on top and turn the handle bars. It's actually a pretty exciting new design.

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
I am cool with all the electronic transportation that is coming around. But, if it didn't require a coal factory to recharge it then it would even better. Maybe if it had its own nuclear power plant on board it would be the BEST DAMN THING THAT EvER HAPPENED. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.