Solved! The GTA IV blank screen lol

Oct 25, 2021
I recently purchased a laptop with an i75500U processor, 8GB of RAM, and a 256GB SSD with an AMD Radeon R7 M260X graphics card - a significant upgrade in my life. I decided to play a game, and the GTA 4 intro screen freezed up. I fixed it because I couldn't adjust the display settings, fixed it because the loading animation after play was inefficient, and fixed it because it now freezes after cousins bellic, with a black screen WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? When will this be over?? I squandered two hours of my life. I'm going to leap from the balcony if no one helps me. I'm not sure whether this is the correct forum, but I couldn't find a better one.

Also, with no numpad keyboard, how can I type curly brackets on Windows 10? This laptop is a piece of garbage.

Solution
Where did you buy GTA 4 game from? Have not seen it have any issues when running from an official source like you are describing.
For the extra keys, there should be a shift of Fn key to use, curly brackets are not on the numpad, they are on the [] keys, at least on a US layout.
Where did you buy GTA 4 game from? Have not seen it have any issues when running from an official source like you are describing.
For the extra keys, there should be a shift of Fn key to use, curly brackets are not on the numpad, they are on the [] keys, at least on a US layout.

Solution