The One Binary Slider is a Two-Faced Timekeeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

polly the parrot

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
"Hey what time is it?"

"It is...hold on. Lemme carry the one...no wait, that's not right. The time isn't 5:78. Wait lemme look at the instructions real quick. *glances at instruction booklet in pocket* Ahhh okay. Its 1:10"

"...thanks. O.O"

polly the parrot

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
[citation][nom]Wittermark[/nom]this is grade 2 math, if people can't add single and double digits together, then they should go back to school.[/citation]

What if I have a 1st grader? :p

fayzaan

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
Why the hell would you want to add numbers to tell time!? why not just get a regular watch.

This looks like a math teachers watch.

Person: Sir can you tell me what the time is...

Teacher: Its 2+2!

Person: uhh!! 3!!

Teacher: FAIL!

x3style

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
It could keep your brain exercised, we tend to do less and less these days.

I mean lots of dummbed down versions of everything, how about not going the way of dummbing down the test until everyone passes and try to get everyone to a passable level.

Also why would this watch be for everyone if u can't read it u are probably not suppose to have it.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
[citation][nom]fayzaan[/nom]Why the hell would you want to add numbers to tell time!? why not just get a regular watch.This looks like a math teachers watch.Person: Sir can you tell me what the time is...Teacher: Its 2+2!Person: uhh!! 3!!Teacher: FAIL![/citation]

Or maybe it's a geek's watch? And there's probably more people who'd take longer to read an analog face than a binary display.

Personally I'm not mad keen on this design, but then I already have my blue LED binary watch lol

Now make a green and brass Steampunk version of this two-faced design and I'd be all over it.

MrHectorEric

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
I'd take the binary for uniqueness if I wore watches, not sure why you'd bother with essentially two watches on one band. Why not just go all in and add a digital face as well?

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
[citation][nom]polly the parrot[/nom]"Hey what time is it?""It is...hold on. Lemme carry the one...no wait, that's not right. The time isn't 5:78. Wait lemme look at the instructions real quick. *glances at instruction booklet in pocket* Ahhh okay. Its 1:10""...thanks. O.O"[/citation]

LMAO!

Thank you for the good laugh this morning :)

masop

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
[citation][nom]eastbay[/nom]Not sure I'd buy a watch like the one shown - Analog time is 10:10, Binary time is 1:10 ??[/citation]

Well, considering there are 2 watches side by side in the picture, the person responsible for displaying them together simply failed to match the time on each watch, that's all. :) Heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.