The One iPhone X Fix Apple Should Make Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 26, 2017
I just got iPhone X 256GB. Upgraded from iPhone 7 Plus 256GB.

While I like that it's more comfortable in my hand and LOVE THE CAMERA, I don't like the lack of a tactile home button. There was nothing more intuitive than double tapping the Home button towards closing apps. It took me time to figure out how to close apps and I don't like that aspect at all.

jusher7281

Prominent
Nov 26, 2017
Why would anyone give Apple $1,000 of your hard-earned money for a phone that just came out, and clearly needs more development? Granted, some of that money goes to the retailer just like it does with any other phone, but it's still too much in my book for a phone. Have we really become that narcissistic?

Oct 13, 2017
Hmm. Maybe they should go with 3 software buttons on the bottom. The one on the right could give you an overview of recent apps, and in that mode, you could tap a little 'x' to kill it. A home button in the middle, that you could long-press for your assistant. And then -- here's an innovation -- you could have the button on the left be a universal 'back' button. Genius!

Harvey_14

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017
"Pressing and holding the display just seems like a needless extra step."

Agree. A simpler method would be to just lift your thumb/finger after the swipe up, and immediately place it down and swipe up to remove apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.