The Orville Sucks, and I’m Going to Keep Watching It

Status
Not open for further replies.

amasis6

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017
The only line I found funny was the Obi-Wan reference. But maybe I was just caught off guard that it CAN be funny rarely. Discovery looks very good though.

SteveFoerster

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016
Am I the only one who remembers that the first season of Next Generation was about as exciting as watching grass grow? Orville is already a hell of a lot better than that. It takes time for shows like this to find their footing. I'll see it through.

drew_d2

Prominent
Sep 25, 2017
It seems to me that you are looking at "The Orville" as a parody. It's not. And that's probably why you don't find it to be funny. "The Orville" is a nice, relaxing laid-back series, and I find it hilarious. I laugh out loud the entire show. "The Orville" is better than Star Trek Discovery IMO. I guess different people have different senses of humor, though.

Lets get beyond the humor: "The Orville" is more Star Trek than "Star Trek Discovery". The creative political issues it takes on (not the uncreative tired old issues in the mainstream), the positive attitude and energy of the entire show, that's what Star Trek is. Every episode is about the daily life of the characters. I mean seriously, how do you get more Star Trek than "The Orville"? I think you're going to find "The Orville" grow on you.

justinkeegan1

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017
the Orville is great needed sumthing to replace dark matter rip.... dont even bother with discovery complete garbage!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.