The popular gaming/schooling laptop question

Dwizzy

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
I'm looking for a computer that will perform well when I play and will do what I need it to with school work. I'm fairly new with laptop (never owned one) although I use a Mac most of the time.

Price-$1200 and below ( I would like to stay below that if possible).
Screen- 17' and below.
Battery life- Trying for 4 hours.

I've been currently looking at the Alienware M14x, Asus G55, and the Asus G75. Like I said, I'm new so I'm not too sure what I should be looking for.

Solution
I have an Aleinware 14" and it does well with games. But battery life is... soso and I'm probably going to unload it soon and buy something more portable. Gaming laptop just weighs too much. But overall its a good laptop. When school got serious my gaming time went to zero basically so its just not practical any longer.

The ones listed you have will work. Look at MSI, Sager, and lenovo has some good gaming rigs

lightsong

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
I have an Aleinware 14" and it does well with games. But battery life is... soso and I'm probably going to unload it soon and buy something more portable. Gaming laptop just weighs too much. But overall its a good laptop. When school got serious my gaming time went to zero basically so its just not practical any longer.

The ones listed you have will work. Look at MSI, Sager, and lenovo has some good gaming rigs

Solution