Question The screen went black while I was working on a Word doc, and I can't get it to come back.

rhyalus

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
Well, your message doesn't have much info... :)

If you still hear fans and lights are on, it could just be the screen. I would connect it to an external monitor and see if I could recover the document.

Then you may need to get this laptop serviced.

R

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bonehead74 Laptop Tech Support 1
MrChard39 Laptop Tech Support 0
N Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 5
A Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 4
D Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 3
N Laptop Tech Support 3
P Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 3
D Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 3
W Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question Laptop screen black after partial disassembly, works with HDMI cable
Question BLACK SCREEN TAKE OFF COVER AND WORKS AGAIN
Question Connection to laptop monitor got cut off, everything should be working. But hmdl shows black screen.
Question New Laptop Screen - stops working after Nvidia drivers installed
Question Laptop black screen, but works with external monitor
Was working on my computer laptop. When it just clicked and the screen went black.
Solved! Laptop fell down...I think it is working properly... Just that the screen is showing black and white... Can I fix this?
I have a evoo laptop and it was working fine.. Today i turn it on and the screen is black.. I got nothing i just got it for ch
Solved! How to fix a black screen on my Mecer laptop. Already tried the ctrl+alt+del. Didn't work. And battery unremovable
Solved! Black screen on boot, and when booting into Windows. Screen works when booting into Ubuntu
Solved! My Laptop Screen is black and I plug to an external monitor it doesn't also works it gives me the orange light, can anyone ple
Solved! Weird message on black screen, won't boot and nothing works for factory reset
clicking sound heard from my laptop and suddenly laptop stop working and then there is a black screen appear in which it is w
Asus black screen of death nothing is working
My laptop wont start just keeps going from a black screen to the hp screen I've tried holding f8 down but it's not working
the screen on my Acer Aspire laptop doesnt work, its just stays black
My Acer kblgo was goes screen black but power button still work
hp laptop screen goes black but curser still works
Hi anyone help I’ve got a black screen on Fujitsu laptop but works through a hdmi into tv
Black screen came one while working!?

ASK THE COMMUNITY