The Walking Dead Season 2: 'All That Remains' Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2013
The first "season" of this game was one of the most original games I have played. Some of the scenes in it had my heart nearly beating out of my chest. After reading this, it is nice to know that Clementine is still surviving. It didn't look too good for her in the last scene of the main game. Hopefully they don't change much in terms of gameplay and have an equally excellent story to make us want to keep playing. In fact, I hope the game looks identical to the first and the way it is played is identical as well. I am hoping that season 2 is simply an sequel to season 1. The only thing that is going to suck is having to wait for the next episodes to come out.

I have played through the first season several times now and the "400 Days" DLC only once. I did notice that the "ripples" you are supposedly able to create when you make a major choice in the story are quite small. In fact, I have played through a season and took note of the major choices I had to make (who lives, who I take, etc.) then I played through it again and deliberately made the exact opposite choices and I realized that they always end up in the same place every season except there might be a character replaced by a different one. But the fate of Lee and Clementine are always exactly the same no matter what you do (unless you get Lee killed then you obviously start over). I am hoping that they change that aspect of the story to have at least two different fates for the main character. But, I am not expecting it to happen. It would probably require the size of each episode to be nearly double in size meaning some players will never play half the game if they keep making the same decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.