The White House Speaks Out Against CISPA

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
Someone professed: "What next: foolishly attacking themselves, and them blaming it on splinter groups whilst Capitol Hill dishes out corporate welfare grants, only to profit from the resulting (and engineered) failure?" Surely not? Was my response. Since when did this administration ever attack itself in order to bring in new laws, and repeal existing one's...

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]wild9[/nom]Pre-election propaganda?To the outsider it looks like the White House is 'on our side', has some 'common sense'. I think however this is more to do with protecting corporate interests. The Federal Reserve has still to be audited, and Obama's approval rating has been awful. He needs something, anything, to dupe the masses and stay in the game. It's ok to spy on the public, just never turn the camera on Big Brother Incorporated, as they know best. Know your place and turn a blind eye, or else. [LOL][/citation]

Worst pres ever, hands down is W. Wilson. Next would be FDR. Probably Nixon he may be in a three way tie with BHO and GHWB. Also, presidents have the power of executive orders for corner cases like this. Cases where the constitution is clearly being violated. Every president during their inauguration recites the Oath of Office. The fact of the matter is each president has the capability to make things right, to reverse all prior unconstitutional Acts; they simply choose not to act which explains why there hasn't been any real positive change since 1913.

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
But go right ahead blaming Obama for the deficit, clearly the few billion he's spent on bailouts and *gasp* health care are much, much worse than the trillions of dollars and thousands of lives Bush cost us. I have no doubt that Bush will go down in history as one of the worst US Presidents, while Obama will probably just be forgotten outside being the first black POTUS.

Thanks for showing your mindless Obamazombie self, Willard. And how bout O'Blamo's near trillion dollar "stimulus" bill rammed through Congress in 2009 that was to keep unemployment from going above 8%? I'm sorry, what's unemployment been stuck at for three years now? The same stimulus bill that wasted money on FAILED big green energy companies like Solyndra. For your information, that amount of money - about $860 billion - is the same as we've spent in Iraq and Afghanistan..COMBINED TO DATE. And finally, you do realize that Bush can't do a damn thing without approval from Congress, which includes DEMOCRATS, right?

And how about Obama's Obamacare that was to "only" have cost us $800 billion when the CBO recently upped the estimate to $1.7 trillion? The one that was promised to not cause our health insurance premiums to rise (which are already rising in anticipation of it!). There are so many failures of this president I could write a book about it, up to and including the FACT that he has deficit spent more than Bush, Clinton and Bush Sr. COMBINED.

But clearly you are a mindless Obamazombie, so I won't waste the time.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
For your information, that amount of money - about $860 billion - is the same as we've spent in Iraq and Afghanistan..COMBINED TO DATE.
Lol, not even close. The actual costs are more like $3 trillion, with an estimated $1.5 - $2 trillion more we'll end up spending.

http://costsofwar.org/article/economic-cost-summary

Keep on flinging idiotic insults like Obamazombie, though. I'm sure that makes you feel a lot better about having no idea what you're talking about.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Forgot to mention, the interest alone on our loans (an estimated $1T) is higher than the figure you quoted that we've paid to date, $860B. Total costs to date are about 400% higher than the figure you gave, and estimated costs through 2020 are about 700% higher.

You aren't just wrong, you are hilariously wrong.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]john_4[/nom]The same White House that supports the TSA gestapo. Obama is a liar and nothing but smoke and mirrors yet there are plenty of fools willing to continue on the path of destruction this 5 trillion dollar deficit man does.[/citation]
+1
i was just going to same pretty much the same thing, obama is the one who DEMANDED CISPA from congress and told them to get to work making it right after he signed ACTA.
he's brown because that's how full of it he is.

ansemx324

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
[citation][nom]10tacle[/nom]Thanks for showing your mindless Obamazombie self, Willard. And how bout O'Blamo's near trillion dollar "stimulus" bill rammed through Congress in 2009 that was to keep unemployment from going above 8%? I'm sorry, what's unemployment been stuck at for three years now? The same stimulus bill that wasted money on FAILED big green energy companies like Solyndra. For your information, that amount of money - about $860 billion - is the same as we've spent in Iraq and Afghanistan..COMBINED TO DATE. And finally, you do realize that Bush can't do a damn thing without approval from Congress, which includes DEMOCRATS, right? And how about Obama's Obamacare that was to "only" have cost us $800 billion when the CBO recently upped the estimate to $1.7 trillion? The one that was promised to not cause our health insurance premiums to rise (which are already rising in anticipation of it!). There are so many failures of this president I could write a book about it, up to and including the FACT that he has deficit spent more than Bush, Clinton and Bush Sr. COMBINED. But clearly you are a mindless Obamazombie, so I won't waste the time.[/citation]

[citation][nom]willard[/nom]Lol, not even close. The actual costs are more like $3 trillion, with an estimated $1.5 - $2 trillion more we'll end up spending.http://costsofwar.org/article/economic-cost-summaryKeep on flinging idiotic insults like Obamazombie, though. I'm sure that makes you feel a lot better about having no idea what you're talking about.[/citation]

You're both are wasting all of our time. I read the comments section on most of the articles here and at least I can say that these political battles (that don't really have much to do with the article) usually end with someone being right and everyone walking away more enlightened and open minded at least...oh wait, I got that backwards, didn't I?

Do any of you honestly think that people in these comments want to hear your political beliefs? And I'm sure coming back to keep fighting about it is really going to change people's minds and admit that you're right and agree they were an idiot before you helped them see "truth"

Status
Not open for further replies.