There Are Thieves Who Won't Settle for Less than an iPhone

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Collodi

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
[citation][nom]julius 85[/nom]"It's insulting that they don't want my BlackBerry."What?? Seriously?[/citation]
She was actually joking around.

Max Collodi

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
[citation][nom]Kaiser_25[/nom]Stupid fanboy muggers, lulz[/citation]
It has nothing to do with them being fanboys. It's just a lot easier for thieves to unload iPhones. In fact it is quite likely that they are dealing with a fence that specifically requests them.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]cmartin011[/nom]yeah they can have that iphone ill stick to my beautiful 4.5 super amoled + android crapper haha[/citation]
I'll stick to my 4.7" WP7 Super LCD Plus phone thanks.

But seriously, who cares about the size compared to other people's devices? You get the unit that suits you and if you think that having a bigger/better quality screen makes you a superior person then you're no better than a retarded iPhone owner.

sseyler

Distinguished
May 14, 2008
[citation][nom]Max Collodi[/nom]It has nothing to do with them being fanboys. It's just a lot easier for thieves to unload iPhones. In fact it is quite likely that they are dealing with a fence that specifically requests them.[/citation]

That was a joke, dumbass. Also, I understand Tom's seems to have a lot of iPhone-favored propaganda, but let's face it, the majority of Americans are clueless when it comes to owning things (like phones). IPhones are immensely popular (regardless of the reasons) and it makes some sense that muggers may only care to sell them.

tramit

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
[citation][nom]sseyler[/nom]That was a joke, dumbass. Also, I understand Tom's seems to have a lot of iPhone-favored propaganda, but let's face it, the majority of Americans are clueless when it comes to owning things (like phones). IPhones are immensely popular (regardless of the reasons) and it makes some sense that muggers may only care to sell them.[/citation]

What's with the derogatory name calling? You could have just proved your point just as well without that.

justxeno

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
A new all time low, Apple hiring muggers to show that the iphone is still the best to own rofl ;).
There was me thinking the patent trolling was bad.

G

"It's insulting that they don't want my Droid."
"What?? Seriously?"

Fixed!

G

Thieves target their victims,i don't think they wanna mess with an non itarded person.

TheCapulet

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
This is exactly why NYC should start shifting their "No Gun Zone" city over to a proper 'Right to bear arms" city like the rest of the Country.

Muggers and thieves target victims. Victims are those without the means to take the responsibility of their safety into their own hands.

arskyrocket

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
It makes sense to me, you can not track your iPhone to the pawn shop or thieves home. A victim can track their Android and even lock it, delete it, and fry the circuit board. Not really usful on the market after that, or maybe a cute paperweight?

Max Collodi

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
[citation][nom]sseyler[/nom]That was a joke, dumbass. Also, I understand Tom's seems to have a lot of iPhone-favored propaganda, but let's face it, the majority of Americans are clueless when it comes to owning things (like phones). IPhones are immensely popular (regardless of the reasons) and it makes some sense that muggers may only care to sell them.[/citation]
Wow! I'm sorry if I misunderstood your joke. There was certainly no intention of disrespect toward you. If you felt slighted by my comment, I apologize. However being called a dumbass is something that I wouldn't expect here at Tom's Hardware. I've been coming here since Dr. Papst created this site and it's always been a good place for tech enthusiasts to share their views. It does seem to have lately become a bit more contentious than it was, but then so hasn't the world at large.

__Miguel_

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Prolly a couple of baristas...[/citation]
I see what you did there. Good one!

However, as someone else already pointed out, why is this news? Thieves ALWAYS go either for hard cash or the most expensive, smallest, most readily sell-able thing they can get their hands on. iPhones are very high on that list, since even if you believe the reports saying Android phones as a whole are being sold more, each individual model is not.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
My next question is if Tom's H owns shares of Apple stock. Else why would our noses be rubbed with all this irrelevant news about Apple's swindling of the too dumb and the too gullible?

neon871

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
[citation][nom]julius 85[/nom]"It's insulting that they don't want my BlackBerry."What?? Seriously?[/citation]

She was blond, I guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.