Thermal Throttling from a new 3 week old high end laptop???!!??! WTF!!!

Nerolex

Estimable
Dec 16, 2015
so i recently bought the gigabyte p35x v3 3 weeks ago and it was perfect for gaming, had ~110 fps for dota 2, RB6 siege etc. but now, all of a sudden im receiving only around 70% of that original fps. the original temperature when gaming was around 85-91 degrees celsius MAX and now its the same when gaming but lower fps.

Things to know about:
-8gb 980m
-i7 4710hq
-temps reach 90 degrees max at gaming state.
-3 weeks old
-windows 10
-all drivers updated
-did a reset on everything
-using a cooling pad

if the stock thermal compound from gigabyte laptops are the problem, im not really wanting to take apart my laptop just to replace the paste since its still under warranty for the next 1 year and 11 months. but if taking this laptop apart and replacing the thermal paste is the path i must take, then is there a way that i can replace it without tampering with the warranty sticker if there is one?

Thanks!

Nerolex

Estimable
Dec 16, 2015
im not sure but from what i remembered, after playing assassin's creed for 4 hours straight, i went off and let it cool until its at its normal temps (~50 degrees celsius) and then probably like 1 hour or so later i went on dota and i noticed the fps dropped. and afterwards as i tried to solve the problem, it led me to resetting the laptop and now im on windows 10 forever and cant go back to windows 7. but i think at that time before the 4 hours straight of ac 4, i dont think there were any updates. i dont remember restarting my computer for the update.

thanks for reply!