Thin and light gamer laptop? [FAQ]

LummusMaximus

Honorable
I know this kinds thing doesn't exist, but...

Hello all THG members
Well I though it would be a good idea to write a FAQ for people to fill it in before asking for notebook recommendations.
So please copy and paste these questions in the topic you opened and we can help you find the laptop that suits you.

1. What is your budget?
Quite low at the moment, but i can save for something given I don't need it urgently.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Nothing to big and bulky, 17 is a bit big, but as long as it's not too thick, it's okay. Ideally 15.6, but 14 is good, and anything below is excellent.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
A resolution isn't priority as long as it doesn't look like something from an atari. 1366 x 766, ideally higher. What I'd really be looking for is good colours.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Student, so quite portable.

5. How much battery life do you need?
I would never be too far from a power point for very long, so 2+ hours would be nice.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Instead of games, I'll just make this easier by saying I'd like a 765M or higher

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Maybe a little rendering and video exiting, but nothing the card would have difficulties with.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
As much as possible.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
As long as it's trustworthy, I'll try it. But I like XoticPC, and sites for all the big manufacturers (Dell, Toshiba, Lenovo etc. )

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Until it literally falls to pieces.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Just something to play my older library with, but I'd be fine with adding a slim USB disc thingo to my travel pack.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I'll take anything that won't fall apart as soon as I hit a key. Well built, preferably.

13. What country do you live in?
Australia.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Something with upgradeability would be great. I enjoy designs with rear-mounted fans for some reason, but that's non-essential.

I already think things like the MSI GS70 Stealth and Gigabyte p25K look nice, just as a general idea what I'm looking for.

UPDATE:
Oops, forgot to remove the 'hello all thg members' thingo when i copy and pasted. Sorry.

LummusMaximus

Honorable

I've had a look, and read the reviews, and it seems like the screen is the let down for it. Crap viewing angles, etc. It's also very pricy. But then again, so are the others. Thanks for the reply. It's just one step short of laptop perfection. For the price I'd prefer 1080p