News This iPad Pro upgrade is so good I’ve almost stopped using my MacBook Pro

AWN

Jul 24, 2020
As a Mac user since 1984, and an owner of both a MacBookPro and an iPad, I totally fail to understand the constant flow of articles which claim that all one has to do is stick a good keyboard onto an iPad and it suddenly turns into a Mac. I keep trying to do this and find it ridiculous! Why? Because the iPad has the worst, most unintuitive interface on the face of the earth! The iPad is fine for what it was designed for - an extremely large iPhone, a tablet for graphic creation and consumption of the printed word. Less intuitive than an Android tablet but close enough. That's it. I have repeatedly tried to use the iPad as a substitute Mac numerous times over the years and hate it! Sticking a good keyboard on an iPad does not make it a Mac. If all these articles suggesting otherwise serve as a stalking horse for Apple deciding to dump the Mac, that is the day I will switch to Windows.

jack_straw

Estimable
Nov 18, 2018
I totally fail to understand the constant flow of articles which claim that all one has to do is stick a good keyboard onto an iPad and it suddenly turns into a Mac

I think the key to understanding this is that the people writing the articles are usually bloggers, and bloggers don't need a Mac. They don't even need an iPad. Often times, they could get by with just a browser (to browse the web, read social media, write articles, and maybe edit images).

AWN

Jul 24, 2020
I think the key to understanding this is that the people writing the articles are usually bloggers, and bloggers don't need a Mac. They don't even need an iPad. Often times, they could get by with just a browser (to browse the web, read social media, write articles, and maybe edit images).

I think you are right, That makes sense. If their job's duties involved using a MacBookPro to be productive, I cannot imagine any of these writers abandoning their Mac for an iPad with a good keyboard stuck on it. It would be ridiculous. I'm just sick and tired of these articles, and it would really concern me if Apple ever abandoned the Mac in reliance upon such drivel.

Reactions: jack_straw