News This nasty iPhone passcode scam could cost you thousands of dollars

Dec 15, 2022
How is this any different than Android? If someone gets access to my Android phone AND passcode then they also can steal information. With most login using text based authentication, they can access my banks and other financial institutions.

I fail to see why this is an iPhone issue.

Feb 27, 2023
It's an iPhone issue, because on Android, having the lock screen passcode does not allow you to change your Google Account password; so the thief cannot to lock you out Google services everywhere.
Same thing for Bank and other financial apps... knowing the home screen code cannot log you into those apps.

This is very much an iOS issue, and significantly less impactful to Android.

Dec 15, 2022
OK, but they have my phone and my passcode. They open my banking app, the Android auto fills in the login credentials but that is OK, it is going to text me a code... on my phone. which is in thier hands. So now they log in and drain my accounts. Google neither needed not required. Same as on iOS.

I'm pretty sure from my phone, I can approve a login into my google account from the PC. Often without even asking for a password, just go to the Google app and enter the code displayed on my phone.