Threat of DSi Lowers Best Buy Shares

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Stocks dont fall for 1 out of many because of a release of a new gaming console. BestBuy and such will still make plenty of revenue off the game sales. DS sales arent gonna top PS3 Xbox game sales any where close to causing lowering stock prices. All I see when i read this was I write for Toms Im an idiot.

G

retail stores can still sell points cards as there's little chance of me linking my credit card to a gaming system that can be so easily lost or stolen. recall the xbox 360 theft story where they ran up $12,000 in charges on the user's account?

G

Note to doubters. Physical media in most forms is going away. The internet is here to stay...

G

Where/How will they sell the actual console if the retailers refuse to carry it ?

TwoDigital

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
I'm with Rocky on this one. Downloadable content is nice, but when your game is tied to you being 'online' at any given point in time you lose some options. DRM for 'soft copy' games is unlikely to make upcoming titles for either games or media any more friendly. Granted, the grass-roots DRM-free movement is growing so there may be hope on the horizon...

I, for one, am not willing to wait 24 hours to start watching a movie or playing a game on my PS3 with my current ISPs download speed. That's to say NOTHING of their monthly download cap which would only allow me *1* Bluray disk a month if what they tell me about my 25gb cap is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.