Solved! Thunderbolt Help!

Aug 17, 2019
Just got a new dell xps 9380. Updated the thunderbolt drivers and when I restarted the computer got an error saying that Thunderbolt Software was no longer being used and could safely be deleted.
I deleted the software and I see that there is also a Thunderbolt Control Center.
Did control center replace thunderbolt software? Or did I uninstall an application that I should still have?

Solution
The 'updating' you did, was it something that the computer said there were updates for? If not, where did you get it from? The manufacturer's site or somewhere else?

I ask because, if it was not something the computer 'told you' needed to be updated, and you just chose to locate a newer version of the software and/or drivers, then you may well have installed a version that is not compatible with your device. Just because there is a 'new' version of it doesn't mean it is meant for that device.

I would suggest going to "Start" and then in the search box type "System Restore" (without the quotes). When in the "System Restore" application, choose a restore point that is prior to the changes you made. Then allow the system to restore the...
The 'updating' you did, was it something that the computer said there were updates for? If not, where did you get it from? The manufacturer's site or somewhere else?

I ask because, if it was not something the computer 'told you' needed to be updated, and you just chose to locate a newer version of the software and/or drivers, then you may well have installed a version that is not compatible with your device. Just because there is a 'new' version of it doesn't mean it is meant for that device.

I would suggest going to "Start" and then in the search box type "System Restore" (without the quotes). When in the "System Restore" application, choose a restore point that is prior to the changes you made. Then allow the system to restore the computer to that point. It can take a little while, so be patient. It will restart the computer and let you know when the restore is complete. This should resolve the problem.

Solution
Aug 17, 2019
Hi there. It was an update through the dell support application. Originally the driver update would not install from support app. So I had to uninstall the driver from device manager, then do a manual install of the driver from the dell website. Upon doing that, then going to the dell support app the software finally updated. But then upon restart, I got that error. So the updates were all from dell and for this specific machine.

Aug 17, 2019
Indeed. Thank you for the help. I was able to correct the thunderbolt issue. However, soon after that the driver for the my sound stopped working. Plus, another update for the chipset would not download correctly either. Too much nonsense for a brand new flagship laptop so I returned it and got something else.