Time Warner Stalls Tier Program in Texas

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
every oen sees the "poeple"side ofthisa nd no one see's teh "buisness" side ofthis and WHY the goverment SHOULD stomp on this plan.

time warner putting a cap on d/l bassically means they are getting to "tax" some one ELSES work !

consider tSteam or direct 2 drive .. they pay tons of money ot get teh digital games they do (and movies) valve themsleves put in HOURS of man work on thier games .. work that DOESNT INVOLVE TWC at all . yet if say job blow over here hreacehs his d/l limit while downloading a steam game TRWC gets to cahrge him for that downlaod ..... well TWC DOES NOT OWN THE DAMN GAME CONTENT THAT WAS D/Led !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so why are they getting ANY money for a steam user downloading it ?

rdawise

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
I live in Greensboro and the reason why they are still going here is because there is no highspeed competition. Even if they lose customers to DSL, they are hoping the slower speeds will force users to switch back.

rdawise

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]bootleghooch[/nom]I read this as $90 for unlimited ($15 for lite plus $75 for max overages), unless they have other stipulations that they aren't stating. Much cheaper than buying the 100GB cap and paying overages.[/citation]

Its $2 for overages charges with the lite plan sure if the while affect your theory. Good observation however.

truehighroller

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
They are stepping back to try to let people forget then they will try to pounce and make money like the little slimy money hungry pigs they are. Then they will realize what a huge mistake they have made when every one walks out on them and it will be to late at that point and they will have to shut their doors and it will be all over. I will be switching my service as soon as possible. They must really want to kill their business.

G

I live in the Medical Center area of San Antonio and can promise you that as soon as this cap is in place I am done with Time Warner. It is just a way for TW to make money on their failing cable television service. I rarely use my cable televsion and my movie chanels even less. The 1 GB cap is rediculious, when I upgraded to Vista 64 it was more than 1 GB in updates.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]DrLoveShot[/nom]I live in the Medical Center area of San Antonio and can promise you that as soon as this cap is in place I am done with Time Warner. It is just a way for TW to make money on their failing cable television service. I rarely use my cable televsion and my movie chanels even less. The 1 GB cap is rediculious, when I upgraded to Vista 64 it was more than 1 GB in updates.[/citation]

Don't wait until then! March down to your local Time Warner office, cancel your service, and make sure a manager or someone of importance knows EXACTLY WHY you have left. My friends and I staged sort of a "mini revolt" where about 10 of us went down to the office and got in line to cancel our services. It was a blast. The more people that do this the quicker they get the picture. Hit them where it hurts... IN THEIR WALLETS!! Money is the only driving force and once they start seeing less of it they will change their tune.

astrotrain1000

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
I see all these people that are saying they will be done with TWC if they impose caps, well if you can you should dump them now and tell them you don't want caps now or in six months. I would switch from but I can't even get DSL. :(

outacontrolpimp

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
Personally I think that some of the music and movie industries are paying time warner to do this. Anyone with a sane mind know that you can get unlimited for under $50.
But i do want to see a new plan with a cap for all companies.
a $10 (1gb), $15(5gb), $20 (15gb), $30 (50gb) and $40-50 (unlimited plan.

Just a rough basic plan. Many people dont use the internet much at all, why cant they get it cheaper.

G

in rochester, tw has a monopoly. there is a couple of dsl providers, but no-one like at&t or verizon to switch to to get comparable rates. the dsl providers are small players in the game. a tw rep. was walking my street last night to find personal reactions and i told him i'm already switching to the dsl even if slower because money talks and thus i'm walking. the guy replied saying don't do it as it might not happen, the company is only talking and trying to get a reaction from the market. we aren't under any contract and thus switching is only a phone call. but signing up on anything new sucks as most want a contract of length or else charges occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.