Tired of my mac?

Shawn Dunmire

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013
Guys and girls, I have an iPhone, a 2015 rMBP 13", and an Apple TV.
I'm very under impressed especially with the Apple TV. the new 4th gen is $150, like 2-5x more expensive than competitors. Airplay is laggy. The UI for Youtube/Hulu sucks on Apple TV, in my opinion. Sorta tired of OSX, just bored of it. My friend was telling me he was emulating some old game boy advanced games, tried to help me do it on my mac, couldn't do it, at least not a way we could figure out. The iPhone is the only thing that I don't mind. I don't like not being able to customize my home screens, but that's it.
I had an HP Omen 2015 before this, and the build quality was good, but the screen wobbled a ton, had sharp edges when being carried, was a fingerprint magnet, WAYY too glary of a screen, etc, etc. I got this MacBook because it felt like a FAR superior product hardware wise, and I believe that to be true.
I'm trying to remember that we use these products to do work/entertainment. They are machines that do our Netflix, emails, web surfing, paper writing, etc. I just want to enjoy doing those things in the most efficient way.
I'm rambling and not sure what to do. Seems like I'm wanting a tech overhaul. Windows PC, and chrome cast lol.
Anyone have opinions that they can help me with?

Solution
Get Bootcamp and run Windows on the MBP.

I agree, they make a pretty computer, but I also hate OSX. There are some nice Windows laptops out there as well, but they're usually almost as pricey as a Macbook. The Dell XPS 15 is one of such I'd like to have, but don't need.

DookieDraws

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
Not sure what you are asking. But hey, I'll try and provide a few suggestions. :)

If you are unhappy with the Apple TV, try a ROKU or an NVIDIA Shield. If money is no object, get the Shield.

If you are wanting to play the latest and greatest PC games, build yourself a Windows PC that will meet the requirements of the games you are wanting to play. And invest in an ultrawide widescreen monitor (G-Sync or FreeSync), which is great for gaming and watching movies.

Okay, there, I tried to help. :)

Shawn Dunmire

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013
I'm not a gamer though, and i'm in college.

dudeman509

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015
Get Bootcamp and run Windows on the MBP.

I agree, they make a pretty computer, but I also hate OSX. There are some nice Windows laptops out there as well, but they're usually almost as pricey as a Macbook. The Dell XPS 15 is one of such I'd like to have, but don't need.

Solution