'Titanfall' to Be Microsoft-Exclusive

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oxiide

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011
Makes me wonder what's going to happen with the PC version. Microsoft exclusives don't have a very stellar recent history on the PC platform; i.e. Halo, Gears of War. If we still get it, it may be delayed and/or arbitrarily require Windows 8.

Murissokah

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2007
Mmm... I was happy that I would get to play this on the PC while still getting a PS4 for a console. I hadn't though about EA and Origin, though. Guess I'll pass on this one.

HiTekMuppet

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
As long Xbox One "exclusives" end up on PC too, I'm good. Titanfall looks like a good game with some cool ideas, but I'm not too big on multiplayer.

About that exclusivity thing, multiplayer games benefit from being on as many platforms as possible since having your friends playing that game is an incentive to get that specific game yourself.

Mass Effect (first one) was published by Microsoft itself but was released on the PS3 later. Not the same scenario, I know, but as long as it is not a first party title, there's always a chance it will end up on the other platform.

Murissokah

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2007

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
It's nice that it's coming to PC, but I'm not buying another EA game. They've screwed me too many times. Spore finally pushed me over the edge to all out boycott them.

yay

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2007
Not coming to PlayStation *until* the ps4's boot loader is hacked and we can install windows 7 and steam.

Same goes for Xbox one.

Status
Not open for further replies.