Tom Cruise Says You Must Disable Motion Smoothing On Your TV (And He’s Right)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkomaledictus

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
Most of us have been disabling this crap since HD tv came up with this crap. Wondering, is that a hidden secret or "technology" from our Scientology overlords ;).

Peter Martin

Estimable
Oct 9, 2014
i didn't need him to figure that out. i disable anything that messes with the picture. it's like the first watt obsession thing for me, i don't want anything messing with the original signals in my music or my videos

john.poe

Honorable
Dec 5, 2018
I almost took my first Samsung HD TV back to Best Buy when I bought it years ago because of this B.S. - until I figured out what it was and how to turn it off. I've bought a few Samsungs since then and the first thing I do is turn that off. I can't IMAGINE why they have it on by default!

mrmessma

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
I agree that people shouldn't use interpolation, as it's making up frames that aren't originally there. That being said, people should get over thinking anything more than 24 fps isn't cinematic. There is nothing wrong with higher frame rates if that's how it's originally filmed. Stop yelling at clouds old men. You only feel this way because you grew up watching E.T. that way (and so did I), but open up a little and you'll realize you're just biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.