Tom's Guide Weekly Downloads: March 21 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

slo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
I see maxthon in the list, which is the browser i use for the past 3-4 years from its first version. Its a shame that this browser is not in the top 5. The engine is superb (dual engine now), its really fast, has the most usefull features (super drag'n'drop etc) out of the box and to me it has the best interface but it might be because am most used to it.

subgum

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
Wtf, Tom's...
The Crysis 2 MP Demo is over.
Sure people can dl it but they won't be getting into any games.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
I must say, I'm normally very skeptical of the free-to-play MMORPGs like Perfect World, but I've been somewhat impressed with PW. The graphics engine is poorly written and feels a but CPU limited, but the imagery is quite impressive for something free. Spells and attacks have cool effects, and the environment is very lush and dynamic. There are plenty of geometry glitches, and some of the character customization textures seem to disappear if you go underwater and place the camera against a wall......not that I've ever done that. :p

It's worth a download, and getting a char up to lvl 20 only takes a few hours for anyone who knows how to play an MMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.