Tony Hawk Ride Developer: White is Friendlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleSTL

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
And here I thought from the title that the article was saying Shawn White was more friendly than Tony Hawk during the game-development process. I'd imagine he would be, I met him in Breckenridge a couple years back, and he seemed like a really good guy. Not that I know what Tony Hawk is like, though.

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
In my whole life I've never seen a white skateboard. I've seen brow, blue, green, even white on the BOTTOM of the board, but never on top of it. So, if ppl need to recognize it as a skateboard, keep it black on the top.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]RicardoK[/nom]In my whole life I've never seen a white skateboard. I've seen brow, blue, green, even white on the BOTTOM of the board, but never on top of it. So, if ppl need to recognize it as a skateboard, keep it black on the top.[/citation]
You like to step on colored "objects" don't you.

hrafnthor

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Isn't this racist thing getting a bit out of hand? Talking about white and black as colors with no ties to skin color.. can't say I find anything racist about it. If research shows that white makes people think something like this Wii add-on is more friendlier or more family oriented then a similar device that is black I say go with the white.

I my self am white but have nothing against people with color different from my own. I think people need to step a bit on the brake and think before saying that everything that has something to do with colors is racism when it obviously is not.

WheelsOfConfusion

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
"With the white one people inadvertently step on it, but they don't do that with the black one," Tsui continued. "That's part of the industrial design of the board, to make sure people know it's a skateboard, but it also looks friendly. We want people to see it as a cool gadget as opposed to 'what is that black monolith on the floor'."
Why do you WANT people to inadvertently step on the controller?
"Oops, I seemed to have stepped on a skateboard peripheral. Maybe I should turn on the console and play a game of Tony Hawk while I'm here?"

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
Lol, ever heard of "white things don't last" -as in they get dirty... take anything thats white, give it two weeks and it will no longer be, plus wear and tear will be a lot more obvious...

Also, I don't know if it's just me, but do other ppl assosiate white perifirals with crappy add-on plastic shapes for the wii controler??

BA Barracus

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
hrafnthor "Isn't this racist thing getting a bit out of hand? Talking about white and black as colors with no ties to skin color.. can't say I find anything racist about it. If research shows that white makes people think something like this Wii add-on is more friendlier or more family oriented then a similar device that is black I say go with the white."

Dude, it's a joke..

'I pitty the fooo'

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I prefer my black monolith.

As side side note...
Tony Hawk was participating in a skate event in my city a few years back, and I was offered a handful of good tickets... why the hell did I decline?

astrodudepsu

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
[citation][nom]Uncle Meat[/nom]I agree! White is friendlier. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a Klan meeting to attend.[/citation]

Look who is trolling THG.

They reference iPod's in the article, but iPods come in black. I have one in black. So much for that one. Oh well they can do what they want. I'd love to hear Al's and Jessie's respons to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.