Top 10 Celebrities For Microsoft's Windows Vista Campaign

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

How about Amy Winehouse for a MaScot? "Try to make me go to DRMsta but I say NO, NO, NO! Take away XP and add a Jerry Seinfeld plea, but I say NO, NO, NO! Linux doesn't cost a dime, and it's almost ready for prime-time. Try to make me go to DRMsta but I say NO, NO, NO!!!

G

How about Simon Cowell?

There's nobody meaner on national tv that say's exactly what he thinks. ALOT of people watch American Idol just to see what he has to say... prime time slot to air the commercial.

Then for a jazzier feel get Randy Jackson in on the deal.

Then for an intoxicated feel get Paula... roflmao!!!

Number 1 rated show when it's on and PLENTY of commercial time.

But personally I think Seinfeld will do just fine and I wouldn't be surprised if Bill plays the PC guy and Seinfeld plays the Mac guy.

I think it will be quite funny. Seinfeld was worth 1 million an epsiode [30 min show!!!] when that show went off the air. Gates knows what he's doing.

WheelsOfConfusion

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
[citation][nom]JonnyDough[/nom]Re:WheelsOfConfusionThe problem with Jay is that he owns hundreds if not thousands of cars. Not exactly "green" He owns many that probably don't get over 10mpg.[/citation]
The impression I got was that these celebrities would be doing individual commercials in a campaign where each one highlighted a specific feature about Vista.

And anyway, Jay owns an original, operational Baker Electric (original batteries, even) and several steamer-powered cars. That should get him brownie points even if his other car is a McLaren/Lotus/Corvette.

CSA_Myth

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2008
I think they need to hire Rainier Fruit Company. Then have some workers in an apple tree pulling an I-Mac out of the tree, then saying “bad apple” and throwing it down. At which time a co-worker in a hat is sitting in a chair currently playing mp3's, surfing the web and updating a excel spreadsheet, with the number of bad apples vs. good apples, all the while using Vista's sidebar and other features.

Then have the picture pan out and show a whole apple orchard with the same thing at every tree with all these {bad apples} lying on the ground around the trees. Jerry Seinfeld then lowers his hat at one of the Vista computers slowing to say "One bad apple spoils the bunch", then as the screen pulls out, fade out to black with the vista logo and pump in Bill Gates saying “Widows Vista a better view on computing, now with service pack 1”

G

stallone as the microsoft guy would br awesome. He could play rocky in one commercial and rambo in another..... rocky on a computer, what a great site

Status
Not open for further replies.