Solved! Top brand for gaming laptop

Ugamachi

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
hello im looking for a laptop that has a lop of power, I travel a lot for work and need something that can proved me with the power that i need to work.

1. What is your budget?
anything that will get the job done
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
17-20
3. What screen resolution do you want?

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable
5. How much battery life do you need?
dont matter
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
games/work BF3 high,MW3-high
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Video editing,
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500G+
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3+ or more
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVDrom/wirter bluray
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
open
13. What country do you live in?
USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
something to get the job done

Answering the title, I doubt you'd recognize the names of any manufacturer that actually makes em. 98% of the brands you know are all made by a small group of ODM's.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/592609-clevo-guide-v3-0-faq-reseller-info-read-before-posting.html

A lot of you might be asking “Who is Clevo? I’ve never heard of their brand name before.” Well, simply put, they will provide your next notebook. Well, maybe not, but they create high-end, top-quality niche products and workstations for serious gamers and the average notebook user as well. Clevo is a Taiwanese manufacturer that creates barebones notebook chasses for other OEMs to fill in with the necessary specific hardware components, providing materials for companies like HP and Lenovo/IBM to put their finishing touches upon. A little known fact is that Alienware used to be a Clevo reseller until they became so profitable that they were bought out by Dell. Among their loyal fan base, they are recognized for creating solid, durable and stylish notebooks for everyone. They have service centers all over the world, notably in the United States, China, United Kingdom, Germany and Taiwan.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/91510-clevo-guide-v2-0-faq-reseller-info.html#europe

This site gives a one-page layout of all the most popular base models which can be individually customized for your needs.....

http://www.pro-star.com/index.cfm?mainpage=product&filter=4

However, given my experience with their service center in the last year, while I still use the site for comparisons sake, I have moved onto actually buying other suppliers.