toshiba bios is locked forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

robaka777

Great
Apr 3, 2018
my problem is that bios is somehow blocked, can't change anything in bios, no cmos or bios reset helps , if it has password, there is not password type window and impossible to remove , laptop is toshiba tecra z40 a, i bought on ebay , i am searching solution about a year everywhere and can't find solution , i think someone knows how to unlock bios but internet is blocking true solutions, in my country is not toshiba center . i can't believe that this is more locked then apple device

iamacow

Estimable
Feb 11, 2015
"Restart or power on the Toshiba. Quickly press "F2" to access the boot screen. If you miss the boot screen and the computer continues to start Windows, shut down and try again. Press "F9" to load the BIOS setup defaults on the laptop."

I don't know about the internet blocking the true solution. Sounds a bit crazy. If the CMOS reset doesn't remove the password, I don't know what will.

Ever thought that some BIOS don't let you edit anything? I got a few Dell Laptops that the BIOS is all greyed out. The only thing I can do is pick which drive boots.

robaka777

Great
Apr 3, 2018
i understand that laptop manufacturer wants don't let you change something in bios but in my case in bios can't change anything except language , usb boot is disabled and on this laptop can't be installed windows it has not cd drive so how to make this laptop usable , f9 factory settings and f12 boot option is disabled too. why wanted manufacturer to make this laptop for unusable

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS