Toshiba Booting but not loading windows

natashasavage

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016
I'm using a borrowed laptop so I haven't downloaded anything or been all over the internet.
I use it for facebook, yahoo mail, and to fill out job applications.
Earlier I was on facebook when the computer froze.
After 10 min I had no choice but to manually shut it down.
When I went to reboot the computer it showed the Toshiba screen and then underneath the the Toshiba logo it said something about running a PC repair.

Then it loads to a blue screen that says it was unable to repair the PC with a button to shutdown the computer.
Now after this, when I load it again, it does the same thing, however when the blue screen comes up, there's a button for advanced options.

And that's how it keeps loading.
Blue screen-shutdown
Blue screen- advanced options

In the advanced options menu I've tried several of the options.
There's
"Continue: Exit and continue to Windows 8.1"
When trying this it sent me back to the Toshiba screen and started the process over again.

There's a button that says Troubleshoot with more options
I've tried
"Refresh your PC: If your PC isn't running well, you can refresh it without losing your files"
It switched to another blue screen that was it's refreshing screen. Then it said it was unable to refresh.

And I've tried
"Startup Settings: Change Windows startup behavior" (allowing the computer to boot in safe mode and such)
But it went back to the Toshiba screen and trying to run the PC repair.

natashasavage

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016
When trying system restore:

System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed.

Details:
System Restore failed while trying to copy the registry from the restart point. And unexpected error occurred during System Restore. (0x80070017)