Toshiba Intermittently loses WIFI connection

bigcigar

Prominent
Nov 9, 2017
Toshiba PORTEGE Z835-ST8305
Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
Intel WiFi link 1000 BGN

My WiFi kept disconnecting

I did a clean reinstall to factory settings hoping it would fix it, but still NG

Normally I am on my home network wireless with an ASUS router
worked for a long time and no changes

Now out of the blue it switches to "Unidentified network" , public network, no internet access.

I can reset it but same thing happens.

I went to device manager and deleted all the connections and restarted, reinstalled but same problem.

Do I need totally new software from Intel or Toshiba?

Solution
Thanks for the advice. When I got home I downloaded new Intel wifi drivers from Toshiba. Ran it and so far so good. My modem was fine just needed new firmware to handle everything. Been connected for a few hours. Thanks again
Try connecting via Ethernet instead of WiFi and see if it works. If it works fine, then I would say your WiFi card is starting to go and will need replacing with either another internal one, or an external one.

You might also want to check your internet connection. If it is dropping often, which can happen if the ISP is having issues (they don't always say that they are), then your device may just be having problems due to that. Try monitoring the connection.

bigcigar

Prominent
Nov 9, 2017
Thanks for the advice. When I got home I downloaded new Intel wifi drivers from Toshiba. Ran it and so far so good. My modem was fine just needed new firmware to handle everything. Been connected for a few hours. Thanks again

Solution