Toshiba L755 core i3-2310M problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mglushed

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
Hi, my first time here, I'm sorry if this is not the proper place to post this.

My laptop Toshiba L755 PSK30L, seems not opperating correctly. But I'm not sure since I don't know much about hardware. I tried to install every lastest driver I found on the net. But it doesn't change anything.

My laptop has: core i3-2310M (2.1ghz), 4gb ddr3, nvidia gt525M 1gb

I use it for gaming, mainly. But it fails to run the games it's supposed to be doing well.

Example:
Battlefield Bad Company 2.
I was playing it at 18-22fps on a 7 yearold desktop, lowest settings, stably.
The desktop had: core2duo e4500 (2.2ghz), 4gb ddr2 bus 800, nvidia 8600gt 256mb
While it could run on my laptop at max settings 25fps, but it's not stable, if I stay still at a place and don't move the camera around, it is stable at 25fps, but if I move one or two steps away, it will freeze for like 0.5 - 1 second, and it keeps doing that every step i move, or if I stay still, but something pops in my screen, it will also freeze, like a tank, a chopper, a character, or an explosion.

And everytime it loads something, if it is not completely frozen, it will get really slow and the sound breaks, like if a sniper rifle shoots a single bullet at the time it freezes, the gun fire sound will be broken into pieces and will sound like it was a machine gun shooting. Like, it's supposed to be "BAM", but it breaks into "BA-AA-AA-AA-AM".

It even fails to run Heroes of Newerth which runs smoothly on my old desktop, at max settings.

It takes 5 seconds to open firefox 3, and takes another 15 seconds to display the suggestion list when i type something in the address field.

I used HWMonitor to check the temperature, CPU gets up to 80c - 83c when I play games, GPU gets to 70-75c. Is that normal? Or is that overheat?

What is the problem and what I should do? Please give some suggestions. I have no idea why it is like that and it's really annoying to run everything so slowly and keeps freezing everytime it needs to load even the smallest objects.

Thanks a lot in advances!

guavasauce

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
IMO, the term gaming laptop is an oxymoron. with that said, your temps are a little higher than perfered, and could be your issue, but this doesnt account for poor internet performance. when i encounter these types of issues, i find it quicker and easier to just reinstall windows, and then see if im still having an issue. this gereally rules out software issues, and leaves you to search hardware problems.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
It is either a common software issue like a malware infection or you got a cooling issue but to confirm that give us your clocks while at idle, normal use, and full load. Its possible the cpu is throttling to remain at the least partially stable. I've taken apart a two month old Toshiba earlier this month and can say that they are built very cheaply. A five year old can take apart a Toshiba in just a few min without breaking any thing.

The cooler is well junk and surprised that it kept the E-350 inside below 70c full load. As for yours just hope that it doesn't have that crappy of a cooler.

So if there really is a hardware issue then I suggest that you make use of any warranty or return it.

mglushed

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
Hi, thank you for your answers.

I have reinstalled the operating system multiple times, tried both windows 7 32 and 64 bit, same result. I don't think it is internet problem either, I play a lot of online games and I think I can tell when it is network lag and when it is computer lag, at least network lag doesn't freeze your mouse, nor break the sound (which is a file stored and played on game client, not transfered through internet).

I used it for 8 months. The warranty is still up but I cannot return it. They say it is only returnable in the first 2 weeks. I was dumb not returned it. It has this problem since the first days but I never got on this forum to ask.

Clock:
- Idle: 800mhz 42-46c
- Normal use: 1300-1900mhz 52-56c (office, music, video play)
- Full load: 2100mhz 72-83c (gaming)

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Not even my A8 3530mx runs that hot full load, either the cooler wasn't installed properly or just isn't very good at all. I suggest that you give the warranty a shot and get them to fix it and if it comes back the way it is then I can tell you how to work on it your self but hooking up the keyboard, touch pad, and speakers are going to be a test of your flexibility :s

Is the fan revving up during load or it is very much silent and not moving hardly any air?

mglushed

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
Hi Brett928S2,

This laptop has the same graphic card, same RAM, only better at i5 CPU, and in can run Battlefield 3 (Frost Bite 2 engine) quite nicely at medium settings, not very bad at high either: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo2eAzfFNIc

So I think it's supposed to be okay to handle Battlefield Bad Company 2, which uses Frost Bite 1 engine.

nforce4max, thank you for your very helpful replies. I will bring it to the warranty tomorrow. The fan makes quite loud sound when it goes to full load. On idle or normal, not much sound is noticable. Today I bought a cooling pad (air), and it seems helped a bit, full load temperature went down for about 5c. And the game was running a bit more stable. But after about 5 minutes, everything goes back to its place and the heavy lag spikes begin, though the temperature is not as high as before, it's 67-75 now, highest reached 83 before.

abdu saleh

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012
Hi, my first time here, I'm sorry if this is not the proper place to post this.

My laptop Toshiba L755 PSK30L, seems not opperating correctly. But I'm not sure since I don't know much about hardware. I tried to install every lastest driver I found on the net. But it doesn't change anything.

My laptop has: core i3-2310M (2.1ghz), 4gb ddr3, nvidia gt525M 1gb

I use it for gaming, mainly. But it fails to run the games it's supposed to be doing well.

Example:
Battlefield Bad Company 2.
I was playing it at 18-22fps on a 7 yearold desktop, lowest settings, stably.
The desktop had: core2duo e4500 (2.2ghz), 4gb ddr2 bus 800, nvidia 8600gt 256mb
While it could run on my laptop at max settings 25fps, but it's not stable, if I stay still at a place and don't move the camera around, it is stable at 25fps, but if I move one or two steps away, it will freeze for like 0.5 - 1 second, and it keeps doing that every step i move, or if I stay still, but something pops in my screen, it will also freeze, like a tank, a chopper, a character, or an explosion.

And everytime it loads something, if it is not completely frozen, it will get really slow and the sound breaks, like if a sniper rifle shoots a single bullet at the time it freezes, the gun fire sound will be broken into pieces and will sound like it was a machine gun shooting. Like, it's supposed to be "BAM", but it breaks into "BA-AA-AA-AA-AM".

It even fails to run Heroes of Newerth which runs smoothly on my old desktop, at max settings.

It takes 5 seconds to open firefox 3, and takes another 15 seconds to display the suggestion list when i type something in the address field.

I used HWMonitor to check the temperature, CPU gets up to 80c - 83c when I play games, GPU gets to 70-75c. Is that normal? Or is that overheat?

What is the problem and what I should do? Please give some suggestions. I have no idea why it is like that and it's really annoying to run everything so slowly and keeps freezing everytime it needs to load even the smallest objects.

Thanks a lot in advances!

Status
Not open for further replies.