Toshiba Laptop keeps restarting with blue screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaylagober

Commendable
Nov 19, 2016
Ok so ive looked at so many threads but none seemed to have helped my problem. When i power on my laptop i get the toshiba leading innovation screen, then shortly after i get the blue screen stating: Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you. If you'd like to know more, you can search online later for this error: "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (iaStorA.sys)" with nothing else on the screen except for that sad face. Then it restarts the whole process again. Im not even able to get to my desktop or even the log in screen for what seems like forever. I have tried so many solutions such as, f12 f8 and holding down 0 and clicking the power button once, but none are working. I could really use some help, thanks in advance. (This has been going on for about 2 or 3 months.)

Solution
Try this and see if you can get it to fix....

Note: If this problem started after an update, please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From...
Try this and see if you can get it to fix....

Note: If this problem started after an update, please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

Solution

kaylagober

Commendable
Nov 19, 2016
When i power on and off my laptop it wont go into "preparing automatic repair" I have powered on and off like you instructed and nothing has changed. Im honestly just thinking of giving up because ive tried so many things and none have worked.

Davewazme

Prominent
May 15, 2017

Thanks for your advice, which having shut down and restarted three times showed the automatic repair screen. Currently repairing disc errors and will update in a couple of hours..
Many thanks. In hopeful anticipation

Update, only took 15 min. All singing and dancing. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.