Solved! Toshiba Laptop Keyboard Not Working

Nov 14, 2019
I have an older Toshiba Laptop, Model: C655-S5125. For some reason, some of the keys, on the keyboard are not working. The keys are: The Numbers key light is stuck on, The numbers 0, 2 are not working, also the spacebar, and the direction arrow keys are not working. I've tried uninstalling the Keyboard driver, in "Device Manager and letting Windows reinstall the drivers, that did not solve the problem. I've even gone to the Toshiba website and tried installing the drivers from the website. Nothing has worked, I am using Windows 10. The Laptop originally came with Windows 7. Can anyone, help me with what more I can do to solve this problem? Thanks in advance for any help given.

Solution
Did you reboot (power the laptop off and back on) between the uninstall and install? If not, I would suggest doing it that way. Just to be sure as that is the only real way to know the original was removed completely.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

Depending on the typist, the keyboard, and how often those particular keys are used, it is not uncommon for a keyboard (or individual keys) to go bad and need replacing.
Did you reboot (power the laptop off and back on) between the uninstall and install? If not, I would suggest doing it that way. Just to be sure as that is the only real way to know the original was removed completely.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

Depending on the typist, the keyboard, and how often those particular keys are used, it is not uncommon for a keyboard (or individual keys) to go bad and need replacing.

Solution