TOSHIBA Laptop reboots on startup

vipanranout

Estimable
Jul 11, 2014
Hello guys... I am posting a question for the first time so please don't mind if i have posted at wrong place or with wrong title.

I am having a TOSHIBA Satellite L510 PSLF8G-00S004 laptop for past 4 years.
It never gave me any problem. But now it is having a very strange problem.
When I turn on the laptop in the morning (when it is completely cool being off over night) then it reboots sometimes with blue screen and sometimes without any blue screen just goes black and starts booting again from TOSHIBA screen. It happens 2 to 4 times in the beginning and when the laptop becomes little hot then the problem just disappears. I can use it for the whole day for anything like gaming (NFS Most Wanted), converting videos which takes hours and continuously uses CPU above 90 %. Means I can do anything like web browsing and the laptop never reboots automatically. But if I turn it off again and start again after an hour or more (not immediately) then it agin reboots with or without showing blue screen. The blue screen error change as sometimes it shows STOP 0x000000A, STOP 0x00000124, STOP 0x00..8E etc. I have unchecked "Automatically Restart" option in advanced system settings but it reboots without blue screen sometimes and sometimes with little blink of blue screen and sometimes stops at blue screen (which it should) and I have have to manually turn it off from power button. If I turn it off and turn on immediately then the problem doesn't exist. My laptop specs are as follow.

TOSHIBA Satellite L510 PSLF8G-00S004
Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.20 GHz
3 GB Ram. Modules: 1 GB and 2GB DDR2 400 Mhz. Both Samsung made and company fitted.
320 GB 5400 RPM TOSHIBA HDD
Motherboard I think INTEL and INSYDE BIOS with version 1.50 (I updated from 1.30 few years ago, and no further update is released by TOSHIBA)

I have all the drivers upto date from TOSHIBA website. I also tried reinstall of Windows 7 several times (8-10 times) but nothing changed (problem still existed as said earlier). Usually I use x86 version of windows but also tried x64 but that didn't help. I also tried removing my RAM modules. I swapped them. I also checked with single module plugged in with both of them (1GB and 2GB).
I have recently changed my DVD writer (because the earlier was not able to read and write due some kind of lens problem). My laptop had TSST DVD writer which I replaced with a Lite On (PLDS) Slimtype DVD writer. I also removed it for testing and plugged nothing in place of dvd writer and also checked with previous dvd writer. But nothing worked. Hawever my laptop is 4 years old its battery still retains a descent charge and runs for a little more than 2 hours. I checked with charger plugged in with full battery and then I checked with battery only and with adapter only (battery taken out). My laptop fan vent is completely clean as i used to clean it before regularly. I also opened the laptop and disconnected every thing. I just connected motherboard to lcd power in, then i plugged the battery and RAM and HDD in. (i.e I didn't connected keyboard ,touchpad, WLAN Card, WebCam connection and internal speakers) and then I turned it ON but similar thing happened again.
There is one interesting thing that if I boot my PC in Safe Mode then it works perfectly.

I have almost tried everything after searching in the Internet but nothing has worked for me. I also ran memory diagnostics, CHKDSK and I also cleaned my hdd with CLEAN ALL command from DISKPART which took hours to complete and lost all my data but every thing in vain.

Fan works well and doesn't make any strange sound. Also there is no bad sound from HDD as well. FAN and HDD both sound as they sounded before. I have also tried disabling sound, graphics and ethernet drivers from device manager but same results again. The Windows 7 installation is same that I used for past 4 years. The installation disk is completely new and I have also tried installing from bootable pen drive getting similar results. I have also reset my motherboard.

I have tried everything and I am messing with my laptop from past week with no positive results, so please suggest what should I do. One thing that I want to mention again is that the blue screen error if appears during reboot is not always same.

vipanranout

Estimable
Jul 11, 2014
Thanks for your response...
As I have described earlier I have done a fresh install of windows7 several times to resolve this problem. I haven't installed any thing like antivirus or any other software. My HDD is now completely empty as I have cleaned it all with CLEAN ALL command and repartitioned it. I have also used CHKDSK command and it doesn't show any error or problem. And today I noticed that laptop is getting restarted in safe mode as well with blue screen giving error 0x00..124 and sometimes 0x0..0A.