Solved! Toshiba laptop won’t work

May 11, 2019
Hey, so I was on my Toshiba laptop when I accidentally spilled some milk on it. So I started to wipe it down when it suddenly froze, and ctrl, alt, delete wouldn’t work. so I turned it off with the power button. When I turned it back on, my laptop said something along the lines of ‘no reboot found - please restart system’ (I don’t remember too well) so I searched up the problem. I tried the f2 thing and that didn’t make a difference. So I read somewhere to do turn it off, unplug the thing at the back (I don’t remember the name) hold the power button for 20 seconds and then turn it on. Now, when I try it it just turns on for a second and then back off and I don’t know what to do. I cleaned all the milk and everything (I did put the thing back in the back btw) please help!

Solution
When you get 'any' liquid on a laptop you should immediately turn it off and not turn it back on. At least not until it has had more than enough time to be truly dried out. Otherwise, well you risk frying all kinds of things.

What you should do is, as stated above, turn it off. Next disconnect the charger, disconnect anything connected to it and dry off the exterior. Then open it up, pull the battery and dry all the interior parts.

Once you have done all that, put it somewhere safe, leave it open, and let it dry for days. Yes, I said days. Once good and dry, if it was anything other than water, go through and clean it to remove any residue left behind. Then leave it, again, to dry out thoroughly.

Again, do not turn it on while it...
When you get 'any' liquid on a laptop you should immediately turn it off and not turn it back on. At least not until it has had more than enough time to be truly dried out. Otherwise, well you risk frying all kinds of things.

What you should do is, as stated above, turn it off. Next disconnect the charger, disconnect anything connected to it and dry off the exterior. Then open it up, pull the battery and dry all the interior parts.

Once you have done all that, put it somewhere safe, leave it open, and let it dry for days. Yes, I said days. Once good and dry, if it was anything other than water, go through and clean it to remove any residue left behind. Then leave it, again, to dry out thoroughly.

Again, do not turn it on while it is in any way at risk of having moisture in it.

Reactions: lehmancurtis147
Solution