Toshiba P100-209

lik

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2004
Hi everybody.

I've bought This laptop but I'm having some hard time finding reviews. I bought it in Portugal and I'm begining to think that its only sold in PT with my config.

Core Duo T2300 667fsb
1Gb DDR 533Mhz
Gf 7600Go 128 Mb
100Gb HD 5400Rpm
17'Screen

I'm having some hard time with battery life, in best of cases it lasts 1.15h... is this normal?

And does someone know how much it is suposed to achieve in 3d mark 2005?

Thanks in advance!

jimytheassassin

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
Here's the best comparitive article i could find ATM. Toshiba p100-222 review I could only find your model mentioned in portugese, so I suppose it's sold as a local variety to yourself, but should be basically similar to many other p100s worldwide.
It's not your laptop exactly, but you can assume it will be faster in the 3dmark05 , go7300 vs gl7600
Here's a thread that mentions clock speeds and results, i'm sure there are more Look at the bottom of this page "thegooner"
Your battery life seems a little short, but that could be due to a few reasons.
You may need to "optimize" your battery life with optimal settings. Usually this is automatic, but you should check. Set performance to Maximum Battery life, turn off wifi + bluetooth when not in use, Set your graphics to minimum 3-d performance on battery etc. I would expect you could get more time than you are, perhaps closer to 2 hours depending on how big a battery you have

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Look in the BIOS, sometimes there is a battery conditioning utility.
This will completely drain, then charge the battery to allow the system to set a reference point for the cells. The battery may not be charging all the way simply because it thinks it is fully charged.

:!: Warning :!:
This process usually takes several hours so I would do it at night.

lik

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2004
I contacted Toshiba in Portugal and they will replace my battery free of charge. They say some models that came to Portugal had flaws or were for the wrong models. Just checked and mine is for less powerfull models.