toshiba recovery disk download A300-1MC

bronzie

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
Hi Guy's,

I have a Toshiba Satellite A300-1MC. I bought it for my daughter 2-3 years ago £600, she broke the screen !! so when i had it repaired, she has now forgotten the pass word and lost the charger!! Teenage Girl's and pass word's don't really go together I guess! ;-( I have asked her to try every possible combination ! but ;-(.
Toshiba want £30 for a recovery disk (media) If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it as up to now it has cost me £100 plus! for the new screen and charger ;-(

Thank you in advance

Best Wishes

Jamie

bronzie

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
Hi COLGeek ;-)

Thank's for your reply, yeah I guess I will have no option than to buy the disk from Toshiba, best wishes ......Jamie

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Good luck. BTW, I would NEVER recommend (aside from being illegal) downloading a version via the 'Net. You really don't know what you are getting (in terms of "nasties") when you go that route.

G

Most laptops have a hidden partition which has a copy of the os. If you press a certain button you could start the installation directly from the hidden partition.

bronzie

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
Yeah thank's I am not that experienced and not sure what you can do to access the Bios and such to enable you to recover setting's and forgotten password's without loosing photo's and document's etc ;-( but I think for the sake of another £30 well I will try it out and hope it work's ;-) Thank's again...Jamie

G

Here you go http://www.geekpolice.net/t18281-toshiba-recovery-partition-hotkey-instructions. Follow these instructions, hope it works for you and you can save some money.

G

You are in the same boat if you buy a disk or use a hidden partition. If you want to save all the documents and pictures try hooking up the hardrive to your pc and copying it from there.

bronzie

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
Most laptops have a hidden partition which has a copy of the os. If you press a certain button you could start the installation directly from the hidden partition.
Ah thank's Ivan I have tried to access it that way by pressing ( 0 ) but It just ask's me for the password HDD user and although I enter it , I can't seem then to find any sub menu's that I can access, that will enable me to by pass the forgotten password !! ;-(

Thank's all the best.....Jamie

bronzie

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
You are in the same boat if you buy a disk or use a hidden partition. If you want to save all the documents and pictures try hooking up the hardrive to your pc and copying it from there.
Thank's for your help Ivan, I will try and work it out, ;-)

bronzie

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012

Thank's I guess I have no real option ! but hopefully I will get my system working ;-)

G

You can take out the laptop harddrive and connect it to a desktop pc if you have one and copy all the files from the laptop pc. Removing hd's from laptop is very easy. here is a video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB_1gtkD54o to help you out. The hardrive might be in a different location but it always has three small circles to indicate the hardrive.

SpoonyFork

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
I have spare CD's, 2 of them, that I don't use anymore because my A300 laptop was stolen :(

Both are original manufacturer's CD's in the original jewel box that came with the laptop when I first purchased it. I had Windows Vista on that laptop. Also half the charger that somehow was left behind. Not sure what to do with all that.

Give me a holler if you still need that CD.